Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep, I'll be heading to RideNow in the morning as well. Stopped by there late this afternoon to see if maybe they had the bikes unloaded and could check out a Challenger, and there one was rolled inside and on the showroom floor........a black Darkhorse (my least favorite color of all available). So, got to throw a leg over it and check it out from front to back. Came up off the sidestand very easily, pretty much same as a Chieftain; bars felt right to me at 5'10". I wanted to see what style of rear fender they have, and seems maybe it is cut higher up than the 111's, but hard to tell. Bags are not quick-release, but I wonder if the original quick-release setup they had the first few years could be adapted to the newer bikes; I would really like to be able to pop the right bag off and be able to get to the rear valve stem without having to hunker down on elbows/knees and reach in there to add air, especially with the almost razor-sharp edges on these newer-style wheels...a recipe for scraping up your hand and having blood flowing! Getting too old for that. Will see tomorrow if it may be worth going against my rule of not buying brand new bikes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I expect the weather in Phoenix is great now, not too hot! Only visited once it was 114 degrees!
Very jealous of you guys having the Indian demo truck in town, ride em and enjoy em, I`d love to hear first hand about the Challenger.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I expect the weather in Phoenix is great now, not too hot! Only visited once it was 114 degrees!
Very jealous of you guys having the Indian demo truck in town, ride em and enjoy em, I`d love to hear first hand about the Challenger.
Lol this is my last winter I’ll be in Arizona by September next year. And I won’t miss this I can tell ya !

·
Rider
1,058 Posts
Any more demo days in Phoenix area after November 20th....??

I'm flying down there for 2 weeks on the 20th.....wouldn't mind taking one for a ride.

--
Gordon

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
This is great to get already preliminary impressions of the test by this forum members :)

Would the Challenger combine, relatively speaking, some "roadster fun" from the FTR with the comfort and equipment of a Chieftain ?

1 - 20 of 140 Posts