Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Challenger Dark Horse

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Rocketfish13506 
#1 ·
I got the Challenger Dark Horse and same engine misfired issues. Dealer cleared the codes and bike run ok till gas up. Clearing the code doesn't fix it. This happened for the 3rd times and dealer has no fix for my bike yet. Contact Indian/Polaris, they're aware of the issues with my bike and others nation wide. They told me to give them couple of weeks to get my bike issues fix. Got my a bike last December
with 600 miles on it. All 3 issues started after every time gas up. Gas up at Chevron with 91 octane. All 3 incidents were in standard mode.

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you saying you fill up and it misfires which I see you are, so just of the top of my head, so instead of filling the tank right up next time try just 3/4 and see if that makes a difference. The 2nd thing is 91 the top grade fuel where you are as in Australia 91 is the lowest, I would have thought that a modern new bike would use what we have 95 min or 98 grade ?

#7 ·
2 of the three times it's happened to me has been right after a fill up. However, they were at different gas stations so the fuel isn't the issue. Also, occurrence #2 and #3 were about 30 min apart, first one at fill up and the second at a place we stopped to eat, so I don't think it completely cleared and just popped up again. Haven't had any issues with the misfire code in almost 600 miles now. (knock on wood).

#9 ·
My new 2020 Black horse sat for two weeks so I would not go over miles before it's first service. Upon starting it, it fired and warmed up as normal. After a few minutes the idle began to undulating between 900-1100 rpm's, then it would die. This happened several times as well as a few backfires. Rode it 10 miles thinking it just needed to be "cleared". When I rode and had to stop I had to keep it revved up so it would not die each time I stopped. Limped it over 100 miles to the dealership as the idle was the only problem. The shop hooked it up and it threw zero codes. Herwaldt Motorsports in San Jose really took care of me. Gave me a loaner and contacted Indian. In the meantime they performed the first service and disconnected the fuel lines and blew them out and serviced the injectors. After that, it threw some codes regarding the fuel system. Codes were cleared and they report its been running/idling fine ever since. Hopefully this is the end of this particular problem. Picking it back up next week. Other than this problem, loving the bike. Used to ride a CBR, road glide and vrod. This is a nice change.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.