Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Challenger Dark Horse and same engine misfired issues. Dealer cleared the codes and bike run ok till gas up. Clearing the code doesn't fix it. This happened for the 3rd times and dealer has no fix for my bike yet. Contact Indian/Polaris, they're aware of the issues with my bike and others nation wide. They told me to give them couple of weeks to get my bike issues fix. Got my a bike last December
with 600 miles on it. All 3 issues started after every time gas up. Gas up at Chevron with 91 octane. All 3 incidents were in standard mode.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Are you saying you fill up and it misfires which I see you are, so just of the top of my head, so instead of filling the tank right up next time try just 3/4 and see if that makes a difference. The 2nd thing is 91 the top grade fuel where you are as in Australia 91 is the lowest, I would have thought that a modern new bike would use what we have 95 min or 98 grade ?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Are you saying you fill up and it misfires which I see you are, so just of the top of my head, so instead of filling the tank right up next time try just 3/4 and see if that makes a difference. The 2nd thing is 91 the top grade fuel where you are as in Australia 91 is the lowest, I would have thought that a modern new bike would use what we have 95 min or 98 grade ?
In many U. S. States, not all, 91 octane is as high as you can get.

·
Bronze member
3,432 Posts
you guys measure octane different than we do... you're 95 is like our 91...

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
Tons of info on whats being done here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I meant is the misfired, engine light, error codes all happened each time I've fueled up. Indian/Polaris (dealer) doesn't think it the fuel ups that cause it. Did not over filled as well. 91 octane is the highest in California, US. 85, 87 and 91 are US fuel/gas standard.

·
Registered
259 Posts
2 of the three times it's happened to me has been right after a fill up. However, they were at different gas stations so the fuel isn't the issue. Also, occurrence #2 and #3 were about 30 min apart, first one at fill up and the second at a place we stopped to eat, so I don't think it completely cleared and just popped up again. Haven't had any issues with the misfire code in almost 600 miles now. (knock on wood).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope Polaris come up with the fix soon. My bike's at the dealer for over a week now. Good luck to everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts