Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am coming up on 12 weeks here. I did get one notification that my bike "shipped" on June 4th. I am guessing this is when it was put in a crate and left outside waiting for a brake part. From what I heard all the Challenger Dark Horses were delayed. Just trying to figure out if anyone has received one in the last 6-8 weeks. Does anyone have better information about the delays?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered mine June 9th and Indian just gave my dealer a July 27th ship date. My dealer went on to say that he thinks they will probably delay it atleast a week after the date they gave.

Not extremely helpful, but just a data point. Hopefully you get yours soon.

·
Registered
2021 DH Challenger Bronze Smoke Metallic
22 Posts
Guess I lucked out. I walked in and rode out. My flexibility with the color probably helped. It also allowed the dealer to give me an acceptable deal; I didn’t have to pay full price. Never have and never will. Now I just have to wait for my stage 1 kit.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger DH White Smoke
17 Posts
I ordered mine back in early March and I think it was 9 weeks or so before it landed. Parts are even worse.... I just installed my highway bars today... I ordered them with the bike!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can only imagine that getting a Challenger and the trunk will take even longer. I'm one of those people who wants to see if they're going to come out with a touring edition of the Challenger. So far I've only seen (and rode) one Challenger that was setup with the trunk and that was last December. I guess I should have bought it.

·
Bronze member
2,848 Posts
I can only imagine that getting a Challenger and the trunk will take even longer. I'm one of those people who wants to see if they're going to come out with a touring edition of the Challenger. So far I've only seen (and rode) one Challenger that was setup with the trunk and that was last December. I guess I should have bought it.
I‘d speculate with the parts trouble we’ve seen, there won’t be anything added for ‘22 except what we’ve already seen (FTR and Chief). New model introduction usually happens in Sept., which is only a few weeks away. I think we’ll be lucky just to see any new colors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got lucky when I got mine two months ago. It was still a leftover 2020 with a trunk already installed by the dealer. They had it marked down to sell. I then built it into a touring edition

My local dealer told me that delivery times are way out. Only gets a couple bikes for the showroom floor, otherwise you have to order and wait. And they don't know when that is. Sucks for people who are waiting

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered mine June 9th and Indian just gave my dealer a July 27th ship date. My dealer went on to say that he thinks they will probably delay it atleast a week after the date they gave.

Not extremely helpful, but just a data point. Hopefully you get yours soon.
I ordered mine at the end of May and I haven't heard a word yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered mine at the end of May and I haven't heard a word yet.
I think most Indian dealerships just have bad customer service because my dealer was radio silent for 5 weeks after I gave them my deposit. I had to reach out to him. Also, I read somewhere that some dealerships don't order right away. Some order once a week and some apparently only order when they have a certain amount to submit (which is crazy to me!). So, just be aware that they may have ordered your bike a little later than you think.

Reach out to your dealer if you haven't. Also check for Indian emails about your bike. I received one thanking me for my order about a week after I ordered. And a month later I received another saying they are actively working on my build.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So like the OP I ordered around start of June was told the bike would ship from the factory around the June 25 - July 3. Around June 30th dealer was told it would be delayed by 3 weeks or more from factory. My sales guys is awesome and went to his regional guy to have a 2021 that was on the floor in the district moved to his store for me. Picked it up July 2nd had the 500 mile service done on the 8th and getting close to the 1901 odometer reading for another photo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I should clarify that I made the deal for the bike April 30th and I believe the dealer submitted the order on May 3rd.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered mine on June 1st and was told 4-6 weeks. I called after seven weeks and now I am told 8-12 weeks. My parts are in. The dealership told me that not only is the factory behind but when it get to the distributor it is getting delayed again because they don't have drivers and trucks to deliver them. I guess I will have to make a decision when will the point be when I cancel my order and get my money back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Was bout 6 weeks for me, but since April still waiting on a few parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts