Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to start my bike yesterday and got this code "C2369" Data Valid but Below Normal Operating Range. Has anyone else gotten this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went to start my bike yesterday and got this code "C2369" Data Valid but Below Normal Operating Range. Has anyone else gotten this?
My Indian Challenger tipped over the other day and all the lights were flashing. I started the bike and then went into work. When I came out the bike would not start and I got this code. At the time I had just over 11 volts available. I went online and found a way to reset error codes by shutting off the bike and starting it in sequence 4 time. After doing it one day now my volts were at 9 and I had to charge the bike. After charging for 24 hours all the faults and codes were gone and I was able to start my bike. Not sure if this means the battery was low or not. The dealership just told me to bring it in. Glad I didn't.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I googled it and found on a Victory forum to put bike on the battery tender. I did it for a couple of hours and she started right up. Went to the dealer and he couldn't find anything other than headlight fault. I put in an Eagle headlight. So far so good no problems, dealer also said errors we get they don't always show on their end

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Rider
858 Posts
I got the same code on my Challenger several times and realized that my bike would go from 13 v. to won't start in 3 days. Got a new battery and problem solved. On the tender , took it off @ 13v, then drained out in three days. The fob battery went a month before.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow that's messed up. I'll keep an eye on the battery, I got this bike in May. When did you get your bike Sandspur?

·
Rider
410 Posts
I'm probably way off on this, but what the heck... I had similar issues with bike batteries on both HD's and metrics. I stopped storing my FOB anywhere near my bikes and garage. The FOB and the bike ECU are constantly "talking" to one another. It ends up being a slow drain on the battery, as well as the FOB (in some cases). Meh, just something to think about.

·
5 years +
178 Posts
I'm probably way off on this, but what the heck... I had similar issues with bike batteries on both HD's and metrics. I stopped storing my FOB anywhere near my bikes and garage. The FOB and the bike ECU are constantly "talking" to one another. It ends up being a slow drain on the battery, as well as the FOB (in some cases). Meh, just something to think about.
From what I've been told there is no constantly "talking" going on between the bike and the FOB. It only happens when you turn the bike on or use the FOB. What you might have is a high parasitic drain going on with the bike. There is a procedure in the Challenger shop manual that explains how to check to see if it is within specs. If you don't have the manual the dealer tech can check it for you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts