Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up a 2020 challenger base, does anyone think i should? Or thoughts on maybe stage 1 upgrade.with tune..or I think..535 ( not sure about #), but cam upgrade. On this ride. ?
Newbie here to indian.

Attachments

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,403 Posts
Hang in there newbie, you've got some learning to do but you'll do just fine.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ride it through break in, then wring it out hard and see if you really need more. You will also know by then if there are any places in the rpm range you would like improvement. For example do you want more response in mid range roll on, or more low end torque when loaded for 2 up. As time goes by you will see different products offering power for different riding styles and choose what suits you.

The right combination of parts and tune is money well spent. But if you find its fine the way it is and just want a little sound get some mufflers and be happy. Closer to stock is almost always more reliable and doesn’t void your warranty.

Most importantly enjoy it, you have time to make changes later.

·
Registered
81 Posts
just picked up a 2020 challenger base, does anyone think i should? Or thoughts on maybe stage 1 upgrade.with tune..or I think..535 ( not sure about #), but cam upgrade. On this ride. ?
Newbie here to indian.
DO NOT add the $500 navigation system, it sucks....just use your phone.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,403 Posts
Good advice considering your experience with the $500 add-on. Maybe the speaker upgrade would be more worthwhile. The Stage One Oval exhaust didn't impress me at all on my demo ride so avoid that one as well. Just about any of the aftermarket slip-ons will sound better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts