Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have the Base Model Challenger and does your Front Fender Indian Head Dresser light up. I just purchased my challenger a week ago and the Head is there but it doesn't light up and dealer is saying the base model Indian Head doesn't light up.

·
Founding member
478 Posts
I have heard that the base model's headdress doesn't light up. Check under the fender to see if there are any wires connected to the headdress. If no wires, they probably didn't intend for it to light up. If there are wires, have your dealer fix it.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Base models omit quite a few extras to hold down the price. For instance, no air pressure sensors in the wheels, non-lighted ornament. It would be interesting to list and price all of such items.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,304 Posts
From what I've seen, it's the purchase and install of a wiring harness to get it working.

Reactions: Rydahog

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had mine swapped out at the 2.5k service. Did not realize that the assembly came plain and the badge inserts needed to be ordered separately. I went with black on mine.
Light much brighter than the warbonnet was on my 17 Chieftain.
Headdress assy - 185
Harness tray - 10
Badge inserts - 31 each side
Here's the three stages

IMG_0303.JPG IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0398.JPG

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you feel under your front fender where the headdress is mounted the wire harness tray is already on the base model.
How do I know?
I have an extra one around here somewhere.
Also it can be ordered with 1 part number for chrome and another for black.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I did mine myself easy to do.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Instruction said to remove faring and I did there are six bolts and removing the faring pretty easy there are instructions online.
I also think I could’ve done it just by removing the headlight and after you weave the cable in the cable harness I used a few dabs of clear silicone to hold everything in place then brought it out the side of the fender and followed up the shock then inside of faring.
Do a search on the forum on removal of faring I recall someone posted it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Anyone have the part number for the unlit headdress?
I’ve seen a photograph of one fitted to a FTR and I’d like to find out from dealer how much it would cost to get one as it actually looked pretty good on the short FTR fender

·
5 years +
178 Posts
Since you're going to call the dealer for the price why not ask them for the part number? That's what they're there for

·
Registered
79 Posts
Guys, info for anyone that is going to put some LED's in their existing warbonnet.
Behind the fairing the connection is there..... Here it is at the tip of my finger.

I am pretty sure the existing connector on the bike is a Molex 0522130211.

and I think the matching connector (the one you need to buy) is Molex 522660211.
....and the 2 terminals you need, is Molex part number 501478100.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts