Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the local dealer today and he had bikes set up with Indian Stage 1, CFR, and Vance and Hines pipes. It was a great opportunity to audition each. The V&H were good growl, but very loud. The Indian Stage 1 were much more subdued than I thought, not really any louder than stock, but a lower growl. The CFR was in the middle, and just right for me. Very, very, deep growl, but not loud enough to overpower the radio or conversation. They have them now for Chief, but don't have the brackets released yet for RM. Not sure about the rest of the line. For sure, in February (bonus time) I'll have a set, or maybe two, on the bikes.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Kewl. I wish I could have heard the V&H but I prefer factory chrome to aftermarket. Thus my Stage ones. Every set of V&H I have had has either discolored or the chrome has cracked. I still like em though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a set, and they are absolutely awesome. I've been lazy getting around to learning how to use the new GoPro to post a sound clip. My I-phone doesn't do them justice. Maybe by the end of the week.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Kewl. I wish I could have heard the V&H but I prefer factory chrome to aftermarket. Thus my Stage ones. Every set of V&H I have had has either discolored or the chrome has cracked. I still like em though.
Dwarf go on YouTube.There is a video of the V&H pipes.My dealer pulled it up for me.Had them installed.The dealer said these are the best sounding pipes they've installed.I haven't ridden the bike .I put it up for the winter as soon as I got it home.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Can't tell about volume from a video clip, but I really like the tone of those V&H. I don't care for the real blatty cutting sound that a lot of pipes make on decel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts