Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the place to put the Certified 1/4 mile times for your machine; NO BS.

Any bike or car, but you must state that it is STOCK (manufacturer, engine size, weight, etc) OR if not stock what modifications have been made.

Be honest here, save the BS and lies for somewhere else.

OK here is my 2017 Indian Scout 60 (1000cc 60 CI) factory STOCK. 540 lbs

Best time 14.114 seconds at 93.67 mph

It has been since the 1960s that I ran anything at a drag strip and now they spray glue on the track so the traction is very sticky. I would need many more runs to master the starting line but I think the Scout could take off at 5000rpms or more so it is not pulled down when you let the clutch out.

There are lots of bigger and faster bikes, there was a bunch of big turbo Suzuki’s that turned low 9s at 150mph, but the Scout 60 was not as quick as I thought it was. This stock bike made 7 passes and ran flawlessly, straight and totally under control all the way down the ¼ mile. With a good start I am sure it would run in the high 13 seconds.

So lets see some TRUE times, and no BS, be honest.

See Attachment for time slips. I was not trying to cut a light so don’t look at the RT.
Also it was 95 F with high humidity.

Attachments

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes those turbo Suzuki’s going 150 are incredible. That track has three test and tune nights a week and it brought out these fast bikes and a lot of very expensive supercharged factory cars, Mustangs, Camaro's, Corvette's, Dodge Hellcat's, even two supercharge Cadillac's and one super fast blown mercedes benz, all factory cars and you know they are $70k or more.

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had Harleys for years and tried very hard to talk my friends into taking their bikes to the strip for a REAL time; no one was ever interested. Now I see Indian rider also don't want to know the truth about their bikes. They tell me about how big the motor is and how much HP it had when standing still on the Dyno but none of that means anything. Come on braggers and loud mouths get a real time on your machine and quit dreaming. What are you afraid of, posting ridiculous "I think it goes this fast" without REAL proof is just FBS. Don't tell us what you THINK show us some proof ! :mad:

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,221 Posts
If I was worried about drag racing I would have bought a crotch rocket not a 940 lbs touring machine! D

·
Silver member
3,698 Posts
But wouldn't it be nice to know where your bike stacks up with all the others ??????? o_O
Not so much, no. My bike is a blast to ride. More so after PVCX and upgraded mufflers+intake. That is all I care about. You can drag race your friends if that is what you care about. I'll be out enjoying cruising with my wife on her own Scout 60.

·
4,221 Posts
But wouldn't it be nice to know where your bike stacks up with all the others ??????? o_O
Every time I come up to a stop light and another bike pulls up to me. It is always the same result, mine looks way better than the bike he (or she) is on. D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've always found that most people's cars were "Faster on the street" .. meaning, they THINK their car run's 10's like every Fast and Furious ricer, based on what mods they have done to their car and how many stickers are in the window (and how many times they've watched F&F) .. but when they go to the track, their 10 second car, runs 12-13's.. because of either not having the power they thought they had, or a lack of skills to put that power down.

So .. a 10 second bike/car on the street, normally comes in about 12's on the track.. my my observations. Because.. you know, .. I can't get traction on the track, or the sun, or bad gas, or my clutch is slipping, or umm..

·
4,221 Posts
Yes, that is why the only way to know the truth is put it down the strip with good timers.
The most powerful is when you start it in the garage. :confused:
Your forum name reminds me of an old Far Side from years ago. No refection of you but this one did make me laugh out loud when I saw it. D
Cartoon Vehicle Line art

1 - 20 of 46 Posts