Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing lately a lot about Ceramic coating for motorcycles. Supposed to be like a super-duper was/polish that lasts up to 7-8 years.
Checked into this at local detail shops...they are PROUD their product and work! They wanted $1,200 to polish and ceramic coat my Vintage Chief. I had to decline. 10 polish and waxes by me a year for 10 years would still be cheaper than this! I guess if I had money to burn, it would be worth it. And I'm sure they do great work!
Instead I found Mother's CMX Advanced Science Ceramic Spray Coating, for about $22 per 24 fl oz bottle. It's got the same stuff the pros use in it (Si02 + Ti02 Nano-Quartz technology).
I used this stuff, and WOW! What a shine! It definitely looks like a sheet of glass on my bike (which, really, is what ceramic coating is). I could not be more impressed! Even using this stuff a couple times a year is WAY cheaper than the pro job! I gave NOTHING to do with Mother's company....I just love this product! See photos for proof!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have been using ceramic coatings on both our vehicles as well as my bike. It takes some prep work prior to application, but it's well worth it. I generally do a complete paint correction before applying the coating. Once the coating is applied you need to wait at least 24 hours before getting it wet. I have used numerous brands but Carpro is my favorite. It makes cleaning super easy and the shine is beyond compare. Body work is no problem, clay bar will remove the coating. On my bike it will last 18 months. It's light years ahead of wax. Meguiars, Mothers, Carpro, many other good ones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts