Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any experience with ceramic coating their exhaust system? If so about how much did it cost and what is your take on it? I am looking at jet hot and their product looks very good.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anybody had any experience with ceramic coating their exhaust system? If so about how much did it cost and what is your take on it? I am looking at jet hot and their product looks very good.
Bump

·
Registered
202 Posts
i got pipes ceramic coated by a local shop a decade ago for $200. still holding up nicely. i just got a quote from jet hot for the duel exhaust on my future chief dark horse and they quoted $300.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got pipes ceramic coated by a local shop a decade ago for $200. still holding up nicely. i just got a quote from jet hot for the duel exhaust on my future chief dark horse and they quoted $300.
thank you. Did you get this done on an Indian motorcycle? I am just wondering how hard it is to take the exhaust pipe off to take it to shop where it needs to get done

·
Registered
10 Posts
thank you. Did you get this done on an Indian motorcycle? I am just wondering how hard it is to take the exhaust pipe off to take it to shop where it needs to get done
I can speak only of the scout bobber but I put new pipes on in an hour, with 45 minutes of that taking the factory exhaust off. By the way that was just slip-ons. I had my rims ceramic coated for $250 bucks. Me removing and delivering and reinstalling.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I was quoted $400 to have the entire system ceramic coated. The front and back of the decorative covers as well as the pipes themselves, mufflers and tips.

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
My scout headers were done. Spend the money for a good shop is my advice. If I had to do it again, I'd Serakote. The stuff they coat some firearms with

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Registered
209 Posts
I removed the exhaust headers from my 2016 Chief Dark Horse after I had removed the OEM mufflers. I took my recently purchased Vance and Hines turndowns and my exhaust pipes to a ceramic coating shop in Raleigh, NC. I recollect that it cost around $350 to get the entire kit and kaboodle ceramic coated. Initially, he said he'd likely have to remove my heat shields to properly clean and coat them. It turned out he did not have to, so my entire exhaust system is now ceramic coated. I reinstalled the system myself. After a couple years, it is beginning to show some age. The ceramic coating throws off heat better than chrome, which results in the pipes cooling down much faster than the original chrome. Good luck with yours.

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Registered
340 Posts
I installed an exhaust on a previous bike ( Heritage Softail), that was ceramic coated inside and out. The heat reduction was amazing. No experience with putting ceramic on a non-coated pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts