Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to thinking the other night when I was in my garage adjusting the damn belt on my Challenger how nice it would be to have a center stand like my Goldwing did... Twice now on long rides I've had to let the belt whine because I was far from home and didn't have a jack and wheel chock.

Does anyone know if any companies make a bolt in center stand for the challenger? I'm thinking with a few basic tools I could do roadside belt adjustments...

·
Registered
237 Posts
I miss the center stands too. Coming back to riding in 2006 after a long hiatus, I noticed them missing. DY ☠

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, that would be nice. Why do you need to adjust the belt so often?
I wish I knew... They adjusted it at my 500,I had to do it at home around 1700, again about 2500 and I just got back from a 1k mile ride and about 600 miles into it it started howling again... Literally only 3 or 4 tools I would have to carry in my bags to get it done on the side of the road if I had a center stand...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I wish I knew... They adjusted it at my 500,I had to do it at home around 1700, again about 2500 and I just got back from a 1k mile ride and about 600 miles into it it started howling again... Literally only 3 or 4 tools I would have to carry in my bags to get it done on the side of the road if I had a center stand...
Wow- that’s A LOT of belt adjusting.
8000mi on mine now without touching the belt; no “howl or whine.”

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow- that’s A LOT of belt adjusting.
8000mi on mine now without touching the belt; no “howl or whine.”
I'm going to take it to another shop to have them adjust it and see if it holds...I kinda miss my shaft drive haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts