Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have issues with my Ram mount. It does not work well with my Samsung Galaxy 20s plus because the bracket sits right on top of one of my buttons. Additionally, it broke today. This is the second one that broke so I am done with Ram anybody have any success with a different brand?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Perfect Squeeze....you won’t break this. Bought it for my KTM dual sport, but using it on my K1600.

Juan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Recently answered on reddit about the same thing. I agree re the Ram mount after losing 3 boots and the tether breaking.
Now have the Bike Gripper and it works great.

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Bronze member
2,586 Posts
Recently answered on reddit about the same thing. I agree re the Ram mount after losing 3 boots and the tether breaking.
Now have the Bike Gripper and it works great.

I used those gripper mounts before I switched over to the Techmount. The gripper vibrates too much and that large plastic nut will eventually crack. I know because I had three of them crack. I only use the gripper on our boat these days.
The Techmount is vastly superior.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used those gripper mounts before I switched over to the Techmount. The gripper vibrates too much and that large plastic nut will eventually crack. I know because I had three of them crack. I only use the gripper on our boat these days.
The Techmount is vastly superior.
I saw the techMount right after I ordered the gripper but I thought they were the same construction with the big nut.
is it metal or fiberglass?

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I use Quadlock and in previous threads on phone mounts there were several others with the same high opinion. There are more expensive than a lot of others but rock solid. You need to buy the mount and the phone case to fit as a separate item.

Depending on the bike and position I'd also recommend their Motorcycle Knuckle Adaptor to give a greater range of positions.

·
Bronze member
2,586 Posts
I use Quadlock and in previous threads on phone mounts there were several others with the same high opinion. There are more expensive than a lot of others but rock solid. You need to buy the mount and the phone case to fit as a separate item.

Depending on the bike and position I'd also recommend their Motorcycle Knuckle Adaptor to give a greater range of positions.

The problem I have with them is attaching a lumpy case to my sleek $1K phone.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Someone on this forum recommended the TackForm mount. I purchased one and am very happy with it so far. All metal construction, many different mounting options, rock solid grip on the phone.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The problem I have with them is attaching a lumpy case to my sleek $1K phone.
I felt the same in the beginning ... until the day the phone slipped from my hand and fell to the floor. All that sleekness had a downside. o_O
Luckily no damage and the case went on permanently instead of only when I wanted it on the bike for GPS.

·
Bronze member
2,586 Posts
I felt the same in the beginning ... until the day the phone slipped from my hand and fell to the floor. All that sleekness had a downside. o_O
Luckily no damage and the case went on permanently instead of only when I wanted it on the bike for GPS.
I use the Apple leather case on my iPhone and they do a pretty good job of protecting it. The somewhat grippy surface holds it firmly In the Tackform mount on all three of our bikes. It doesn’t slip around at all, even with the stiffer ride of the FTR.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Rokform

Reactions: Wyobob44
1 - 20 of 33 Posts