Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
That looks really good. What size windshield did you buy? I'm looking at the 14".

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
OK, sorry. Stock windshield is 18" and you bought the 16". It does look good.

·
Rider
1,104 Posts
Here's a picture of a 14" smoke Cee Baileys windshield on my bike along with the yellow covers vs. the orange one on armyvoyagers Chieftain. I'm 5'10" with along torso and wish I had gone with the 16" height as i would be able to look over a 16" height. I have also bought a 20" clear windshield from Cee Baileys as well for use this winter since they are less than the factory windshields.
Windshield.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Both of these pictures look fabulous guys! But don't get me wrong, isn't the purpose of the driving lights to 1) make you more visible to other drivers and 2) to provide more light on the road for you to see (like high beams). Do, do the colored lenses hinder/help or no change to these points? Or are they just purely cosmetic and protection for the lights? If so, I may go for the amber.

·
Rider
1,104 Posts
The yellow might wash out the brightness a bit but then again the yellow stands out against the normal white color. Cee Bailey does sell clear covers as well. I have a friend who uses yellow tinted H3 bulbs ( two) in his R1200RT and they do stand out as well.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't rely on the additional lighting anyway and wanted some extra color so to speak which is why I went with the amber lenses.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Have the orange ones on my Classic. Have had riders tell me they can see me from a longer distance because the orange stands out from the background. Easy to pop on and off if you need more bright light at night. Also bought the clear lens for the headlight. Kind of expensive, but nothing like replacing the light itself...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
They yellows cut through all the current car headlights. Make you fare more noticeable. Also, they cut through fog much better than white lights.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I just installed a new smoked windshield and light(s) protectors from Cee Baileys. Windshield is two inches lower than normal, so now I don't have it in my line of sight in the lowest position. See pic:

I am only 5'9 with an average torso length, was thinking of a tinted 12" Cee Bailey's, wondering if that would be too short when raised all the way up doing winter highway riding.

·
Rider
1,104 Posts
To determine the height for you raise the stock windshield, mark with tape 12" from the bottom, have a seat and look to see how it aligns for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts