Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok tribe. Wanting to upgrade my headlight assembly with led. Which screws do I need to to loosen? Or can I get to it from the front.

·
Silver member
5,113 Posts
It's 2 SHSC bolts, 6mm if I remember correctly. And two button head allens on top of the nacelle. Two on top and two underneath. Unplug the harness. Take the whole assembly to your bench. Switch the headlight assembly. And then reassemble. You might need to adjust the beam after from the front of the nacelle.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
There are 4 allen heads that you need to get to from the rear, two each side. Turn the bars to the left and you will see the right side ones. They are in your pic, one near the red tabs, one down a few inches. Turn to the right and you can get to the left side screws.

Then there are the two on top of the nacelle. The nacelle is heavy and might drop when you release the top screws. Be prepared for that, or have an assistant.

Be careful when you replace those inside screws. The metal is soft and will easily cross thread if you are not very careful. Get them all started properly before you tighten them. Same with the top pair. Once again, an assistant is helpful to hold the assembly a touch away from the frame and in the right alignment as you position the inner screws.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are 4 allen heads that you need to get to from the rear, two each side. Turn the bars to the left and you will see the right side ones. They are in your pic, one near the red tabs, one down a few inches. Turn to the right and you can get to the left side screws.

Then there are the two on top of the nacelle. The nacelle is heavy and might drop when you release the top screws. Be prepared for that, or have an assistant.

Be careful when you replace those inside screws. The metal is soft and will easily cross thread if you are not very careful. Get them all started properly before you tighten them. Same with the top pair. Once again, an assistant is helpful to hold the assembly a touch away from the frame and in the right alignment as you position the inner screws.
I took the right side screws out and put them back in. That's when I started this thread to make sure I was on the right track. I put painter's tape all around the edges just in case and a towel on the fender. I hope I can figure all this out. I should have just replaced the bulb.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The LED replacement will be worth the effort, but while it's simple enough to remove those inner screws, getting them back in properly can be a pain. Take it carefully and make sure you don't cross thread. When I did mine I would have liked the screws to have no thread on them at the very tip so I could get them aligned properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts