Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my chieftain up o the lift table and front wheel into the wheel chock. The front fender being so long and low the rear part of chock that raises to lock the wheel in will come up and hit the bottom of the fender. No damage but was a close one. I am going to modify it someway to prevent that.

·
Rider
527 Posts
Good to know! Thanks for the heads up! Can you just trim back part of the locking mechanism? It's been a while since I have looked at one of those lifts, so I forget what they look like and don't know if there is even anything to trim back

Reactions: biggerjim53

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I screwed a 2 x 4 in the well where the tire drops into to raise the front wheel and tire so it would clear.
Thats a thought. Only issue is takes more effort to get the frt. tire into it.up on the board. especially if doing it by myself. As trimming, not much can do on that to still be effective. One note also since putting the bike on it myself. I am thinking of cutting the edge lip off table and adding a section just enough to catch the kickstand when parking my bike on it. That way will sit there not only in he chock while i can put straps on bike to table loops.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a thought. Only issue is takes more effort to get the frt. tire into it.up on the board. especially if doing it by myself. As trimming, not much can do on that to still be effective. One note also since putting the bike on it myself. I am thinking of cutting the edge lip off table and adding a section just enough to catch the kickstand when parking my bike on it. That way will sit there not only in he chock while i can put straps on bike to table loops.
o.k. looking at the forum some have already discussed this. Mine is the gray one from HB. some say the black one works and some do use the 2x4. But some also say as I agree is a PINA to get the frt. wheel out of it by yourself. But being raised with the 2x4 in btm of it may also help with that. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
o.k. looking at the forum some have already discussed this. Mine is the gray one from HB. some say the black one works and some do use the 2x4. But some also say as I agree is a PINA to get the frt. wheel out of it by yourself. But being raised with the 2x4 in btm of it may also help with that. T

·
Registered
72 Posts
o.k. looking at the forum some have already discussed this. Mine is the gray one from HB. some say the black one works and some do use the 2x4. But some also say as I agree is a PINA to get the frt. wheel out of it by yourself. But being raised with the 2x4 in btm of it may also help with that. Thanks
The gray unit is way too narrow for the tire on these bikes. Years ago I tried to get my H-D Deuce into/out of one, and when I finally did it went back to the store and exchanged for one of the black units. The tire on the Deuce is way narrower than the Chief rubber. Take it back, you will never be happy having to struggle so. ( I have not yet towed the Vintage, but looks like may have to do a bit of trimming on the black piece due to fender clearance issues, but tire width will not be a problem- every one of my buddy,s Harley touring bikes have been on my trailer @ one time or another)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts