Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running catless with the Akrapovic pipes on one of the dynojet tunes listed on their site? Also, is the consensus is no cat+baffles or no baffles+cat? Don't run cat delete and no baffles (too open) correct? What seems to be the best combo for sound and power? I'm under the impression that a K&N filter or the like is useless as well because the restriction is in the air inlets?

Maybe this topic has been beat to death. I have searching for a couple days and keep getting mixed results depending on where I look.

Note: My stk file is VMC8G0AAH

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
Cat - no baffles is quieter than no cat - baffles.

And agreed on the K&N, it’s the airbox design, not the filter itself. It’s not even the inlets as such, without them power is lower. The airbox is actually pretty well designed for a wide spread of torque, but it slowly runs out of breath over 7krpm.

·
Rider
1,730 Posts
Without cat is best. I am running catless, Akrapovics, baffles in and a K & N but on an FM tune. Am I happy with the sound and performance? Hell yes! There is a discernible difference with the intake growl with a K & N and advice is not to use K & N if you ride in dusty conditions. Isn't that right Max?

😇(y)

Reactions: Max Kool

·
Registered
999 Posts
Pretty sure just about no one is using one of the Dynojet tunes. Everyone is either Ryan Randall or Fuel Moto

·
Rider
1,730 Posts
There have been a couple. If you may recall Edgelett?

'Surly' from the other forum ran a canned Dynojet map with quite favorable results. He was in a bit of a rush to sort his running issues out and I don't believe he considered sourcing a PV3 from the reputable tuners in the USA as most others did? He's not been active since May, wonder where he's at and hope he's ok?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm on standby for one of Ryan's tunes. I have the wrong stk file for his current stuff. I got my cat delete pipe in the mail today and...well... you know how those things go. Lol. K9F, is it louder catless with baffles or just different?

·
Rider
1,730 Posts
Hi BushPig, (great name by the way) not really sure what your question is about but I ran catless from day 1. I had the dealership remove it from my brand new FTR and decat it before I even cocked my leg over it for the first time some 13 months ago, so I don't really have a before and after comparison.

I do nevertheless have a before and after mapping comparison and I can talk about this all day, every day but only when it's raining or snowing and I'm not at work or at the cinema or out on the FTR or my other steed or if I have to go to the doctors, dentist........you know where I'm coming from. Off to take my meds.

😁:cool::love:

Reactions: BushPig

·
Registered
475 Posts
I ran mine without baffles with cat for about a week while waiting on PV3 and link pipe.To me it sounded better than catless and baffled,was a deeper mellower tone.I'm surrounded by Milwaukee and metric twin riders with straight pipes and the noise=power mantra with them is strong!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My wife's acout has vance and hines grenades on it. Im feeling inadequate lmao. We bought her bike with the pipes, i think its way too loud. Well I'm going to swap things around tomorrow and see what I think.

Bushpig comes in from my DR650, my first not borrowed bike haha. I know, not quitE fitting for an Indian forum but its hard to drop a good thing.

·
Bronze member
2,566 Posts
There have been a couple. If you may recall Edgelett?
I’ve yet to see a positive review from some
One running the canned dyno jet tunes. Most usually end up Paying for fm or Ryan.

Op just buy a real tune from fm or indian of Charlotte up front. You will save money in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’ve yet to see a positive review from some
One running the canned dyno jet tunes. Most usually end up Paying for fm or Ryan.

Op just buy a real tune from fm or indian of Charlotte up front. You will save money in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I plan on getting one from Ryan. My stk file is incompatible with his current tunes so I am on hold till they get that sorted. I guess I should have noted that in the first post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts