Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1700mi RT to grab a couple of cigars. @Gort turned me on to these stellar cigars last year. The only place you can get ‘em is at Casa Fuente at the Forum Shops in Vegas. (Okay, you can get em from cigars direct but it’ll be $710 for a five-pack.). I told @Gort that I was going to add it in my ride list for this year.

The time has come. Next weekend (update: tomorrow!} I will be screaming across the 110+ degree desert to get some. Departure is Saturday and return is Sunday. High speed, low drag. Anybody who wants to join is more than welcome. Anybody who wants to ride in and meet, I will be there at 2000hrs/ 8pm. I just got off the phone with the manager and he says they are “very low” on inventory, so no guarantees that you will actually get one. (Spanish concept of “vacillando” Aka it’s not the destination, it’s the ride). He also says they close at 10, not midnite as the website says (COVID)

woo hoo — who wants to join in?

·
Rider
779 Posts
Would love to join in, but I'm waaaay too far east.

I burn either an Opus X or Reserva Vielo in your honor, though.

BD

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too would love to join, but like Big Dawg on the East Coast

Reactions: HINK

·
Silver member
3,352 Posts
I'm way too far South to partake, but have a good ride my friend!

Can't you buy a box online or with the credit card via phone and have them put it aside for you?

·
German Rider
1,003 Posts
Would link to join, HINK, BUT there is a little problem between us. It is not the distance, it is called closed borders for all visitors from Europe, so.......

Cu,
Sven

·
Super Moderator
11,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm way too far South to partake, but have a good ride my friend!

Can't you buy a box online or with the credit card via phone and have them put it aside for you?
nope. Mgr says they cannot set any aside (even with “generous thanks”) and you cannot buy boxes online. :(

·
Bronze member
4,477 Posts
The last time I went with friends to go cigar shopping was when they dropped me off at Sydney Indian and I picked up the Springfield DH. So, I guess I'd like to ride along with you, Hink, but with such a history of reckless spending I have to call a raincheck on this one. :)

·
Rider
717 Posts
Ride safe HINK, be careful!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
By the way, what's the cigar??
Casa Fuente! They either named the lounge after the cigar or vice versa.

·
Super Moderator
11,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For those of us in the Southeast US, there is always the Arturo Fuentes HQ in Ybor City, FL!
I actually went there in 2018 looking for the hard-to-find Angels Share Opus X. I figured if any place would have it, they would. Nope. But they did have a cool wooden cigar Indian and a reasonable selection of other cigars. The store was much smaller than I thought it would be...

·
Silver member
3,352 Posts
Y'all smoke those real expensive cigars. I smoked a $50 Arturo Fuentes at a tailgate party at a LSU game once. It was given to me, I didn't buy it. Not sure what type it was exactly, but it sure was smooth. If the Good Lord smoked stogies, He'd smoke one of those, while riding an Indian of course.

Don't worry, I asked my best friend who's the pastor of the Church at Tallulah (La) if it would be considered blasphemous to suggest that the Good Lord smoked stogies and rode motorbikes. He chuckled and said no, as long as it was meant in jest and good intentions.

·
Super Moderator
11,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
T-shirt from my first Hink’s Wild Ride shortly after I got my RM. I’ve had one every year (actually a lot more wild rides than one per year but only one gets the t-shirt!)

·
Super Moderator
11,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bike is waxed and rarin’ to go. Time to go have a cigar and get waxed myself — 91 degrees here in Colorado and 105 in Vegas. Wheels roll in 13hrs.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts