Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one found a good way to pair Cardo Packtalk to the Ride Command?
I have a ‘17 Roadmaster and it constantly losses connection or won’t pair to the Cardo.
Cardo is up to date and so is Ride Command.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a ‘17 Roadmaster and it constantly losses connection or won’t pair to the Cardo.

I had the chatterbox, no dice, checked with Indian and advised that only Sena is compatible, so purchased Sena and as soon as i turned it on it paired no issues.
Might find that the Cardo is not compatible

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an 18 Roadmaster and the Cardo Freecom 4. I haven't had any issues. Might want to make sure you have the most current firmware for your comm unit and the bike is updated as well. Just a thought.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Yeah, I've had the same thing. I got it to work, but other stuff stopped working. Tweaking got worse and worse...I gave up. I can hear the GPS and music through the speakers. I may try again someday, but meanwhile... I'm watching this thread for someone that posts a step-by-step process to success.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What features are you trying to get out of the cardo to roadmaster pairing? If we have a better understanding of the issues you are experiencing, we can narrow down a possible solution. I ask because my packtalk bold pairs 99% of the time without any issues for what I use it for. I use it to communicate with friends and talk on the phone when the wife calls.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I have the PalkTalk Bold and have only had one problem. All I did to fix it was "forget device" from the bike and reconnect and it's been flawless since.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What features are you trying to get out of the cardo to roadmaster pairing? If we have a better understanding of the issues you are experiencing, we can narrow down a possible solution. I ask because my packtalk bold pairs 99% of the time without any issues for what I use it for. I use it to communicate with friends and talk on the phone when the wife calls.
Typically, riders want to hear GPS and Music through the helmet. When I get that to work, I lose the ability to transfer routes... sometimes... sometimes the routes stay and it drops the GPS/Music. Getting both channels to work seamlessly has eluded me for... well... I have a 2017. Since then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use Newer Cardo packtalk slim products, not the most intuitive hardware I have ever owned. I can connect to my Roadmaster without any trouble. I use it mostly to communicate with my passenger helmet to helmet, music is sub par and use it very little regardless, the music on my bike is used in the garage mostly. I do not listen to it when I ride via headset or speakers. I have had a couple phone calls and it gets you by.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm running packtalk bold with roadmaster darkhorse 2020. All works great except when paired to bike and phone, music volume is low in the helmet. When not paired to the bike music volume is loud in helmet. Phone calls are great as well as helmet to helmet. No problems with nav. Haven't tried with the July update, apple CarPlay function, so no info on that.

·
Bronze member
2,206 Posts
Sorry to hear that the Cardo has issues with our RC. I read good things about Cardo's latest with other bikes. Sena 10 has been issue free with RC, music, phone and passenger.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I paired mine to The cardo channel 2 gps mode. I’m having trouble keeping the app connected. See page seven in the main manual.

Tim

Reactions: photoguy

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got all the Bluetooth options working between my phone, cardo freecom, and ride command...... EXCEPT for the volume lowering on the cardo when connected to ride command. I tried many different options in trying to fix the problem. No luck. So, i emailed cardo tech support to see if there was a fix. Here is their response....

Thank you for contacting Cardo support.

Unfortunately when connecting to Indian infotainment systems our devices have issues. All of the volume is controlled by the motorcycle when our device is connected to it. The only way to turn up the volume would be to make sure the Cardo is turned all the way up and then make sure the volume on the bike is turned up as well.

·
Rider
753 Posts
I just bought a Frecom 1 and just want to do phone calls. I like my fairing speakers for music and the NAV is a turd anyway, so I'm not worried about that. What is the best way to connect just for phone calls?

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you connect to your motorcycle, you'll have the option to play music through headset or bike speakers on the media screen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a Frecom 1 and just want to do phone calls. I like my fairing speakers for music and the NAV is a turd anyway, so I'm not worried about that. What is the best way to connect just for phone calls?
If you don't want to interact at all with the bike audio system then Bluetooth the Freecom and phone directly.

I have a Freecom 4+ and have it connected to my 2016 RM as a headset. My phone is connected to the bike also. I was riding on the bike listening to music from a USB memory stick and got a phone call and had a conversation then hung up and the music resumed. Exactly what I want.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Rider
753 Posts
If you don't want to interact at all with the bike audio system then Bluetooth the Freecom and phone directly.

I have a Freecom 4+ and have it connected to my 2016 RM as a headset. My phone is connected to the bike also. I was riding on the bike listening to music from a USB memory stick and got a phone call and had a conversation then hung up and the music resumed. Exactly what I want.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Music playing from the fairing speakers? Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Watch out for the Cardo. I recently lost one on a trip. Reached to turn it on and found it missing. Does not take much to come unclipped then your out $$$.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm running packtalk bold with roadmaster darkhorse 2020. All works great except when paired to bike and phone, music volume is low in the helmet. When not paired to the bike music volume is loud in helmet. Phone calls are great as well as helmet to helmet. No problems with nav. Haven't tried with the July update, apple CarPlay function, so no info on that.
I just upgraded to a 2020 roadmaster from a 2017 Springfield. I haven't had any luck pairing my packtalk bold to the bike yet.... Still trying.

·
Registered
529 Posts

I bought a Cardo because I had one on the other bike. Never got it to work with my 2017 RM. Sold it. Cost me 100 bucks. Got a Sena 20S. Works like a charm.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts