Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Cardo Packtalk and Ride Command compatibility

8K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  fssnew 
#1 ·
Our ride group all use Cardo Packtalk systems, and one of our guys just got a brand new RoadMaster. Indian is telling him the the Ride Command system is not compatible with the Packtalk.
Have any of you come across this, and if so have you found a work-around?

#4 ·
Our group has been using Cardo for close to a year. There are inconsistencies with the interface system. It depends if you are using car play, or Bluetooth and listening to music, maps etc. just as we. Thought we had it nailed, another inconsistency. I find Bluetooth is the best method. Car play screw up the iPhone connection and listening to thee gps and losing music. Siri is inconsistent in this cases.

#5 ·
Our ride group all use Cardo Packtalk systems, and one of our guys just got a brand new RoadMaster. Indian is telling him the the Ride Command system is not compatible with the Packtalk.
Have any of you come across this, and if so have you found a work-around?
TL;DR - It works but its a pain and not worth it for me

2022 Chief DH with 4" RC - The Cardo WILL connect successfully to the RC. My phone will connect successfully to the RC. The devices will then all fight each other as the phone and RC fight over connecting to the Cardo. Its fixable but a major hassle. I get very little connectivity value out of the 4" RC as most of the features do not work properly so I just connect the Cardo to my phone.

#6 ·
You pair the Packtalk with the Ride Command in cell slot one, and you pair your phone with the Ride Command in slot two. Your phone (I have an Android) will then prompt you if it's ok for the Ride Command to control the phone. This gives you control of the phone through the screen on the bike. Texts come across screen, calls are controlled through the screen, and if you use navigation on your phone, it'll lower the volume and talk over the bike speakers, provided you've toggled "navigation over blue tooth" in your navigation settings on your phone. The system works perfectly, you just have to set it up right.

#11 ·
Not sure about iPhone, but on Android, I can disconnect features from bluetooth while retaining the bluetooth connection. I prefer my audio and calls going directly to the phone instead of through my GPS, so I just turned of those features on the phone's connection to the GPS. Were I using carplay or similar, I might route all audio through the GPS and turn off those features on the connection to the Cardo.

#13 ·
thanks all for the comments... I successfully pared my Cardo packtalk Black to my 2020 RM RC. :) I paired the Cardo (Channel 1) to the RC. I had deleted the pairing of my iphone 13 to the Cardo as per advice above. I then was able to connect my Iphone to the RM using the USB cable. Ride command recognized the Cardo BT, and the USB connection letting me use CarPlay or switch back to RC from the menu option. I switched back to RC and selected external speakers which worked and then changed back to Helmet and it worked. RC GPS sent instruction through to my helmet :) I switched to Carplay and Google Maps and directions came through the helmet as expected. I made phone call through the Helmet. It worked. Music played on teh speakers i selected (helmet or external). I then turned on the iphone BT and connected it to the bike. It took a moment but music came back through the helmet. Note RC informed me that I needed to connect to USB to use Carplay (that was expected). I repeated all of this with the second Packtalk Black unit. Everything worked as before. Lastly I paired the two packtalks so I could communicate with the passenger. So I'm happy at the moment :) When starting the Bike I 1. turn off bluetooth on the Phone, 2 connect USB cable to phone 3 turn on the Packtalk 4 Start the bike 5 when presented with the Carplay option I accept. I watch for the option to use speaker or helmet for audio and make that selection. So all of this was done with the latest packtalk update and RC update. Lastly at no point do I connect my iphone to Channel 2 of the PackTalk. Now I'm ready for my 6,000 mile trip :) ... hope it all woks on the road in the middle of the night ... Cheers

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.