Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our ride group all use Cardo Packtalk systems, and one of our guys just got a brand new RoadMaster. Indian is telling him the the Ride Command system is not compatible with the Packtalk.
Have any of you come across this, and if so have you found a work-around?

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber 69 & 2021 Indian Chieftain
113 Posts
No issues on my 21 Chieftain.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Our group has been using Cardo for close to a year. There are inconsistencies with the interface system. It depends if you are using car play, or Bluetooth and listening to music, maps etc. just as we. Thought we had it nailed, another inconsistency. I find Bluetooth is the best method. Car play screw up the iPhone connection and listening to thee gps and losing music. Siri is inconsistent in this cases.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Our ride group all use Cardo Packtalk systems, and one of our guys just got a brand new RoadMaster. Indian is telling him the the Ride Command system is not compatible with the Packtalk.
Have any of you come across this, and if so have you found a work-around?
TL;DR - It works but its a pain and not worth it for me

2022 Chief DH with 4" RC - The Cardo WILL connect successfully to the RC. My phone will connect successfully to the RC. The devices will then all fight each other as the phone and RC fight over connecting to the Cardo. Its fixable but a major hassle. I get very little connectivity value out of the 4" RC as most of the features do not work properly so I just connect the Cardo to my phone.

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber 69 & 2021 Indian Chieftain
113 Posts
You pair the Packtalk with the Ride Command in cell slot one, and you pair your phone with the Ride Command in slot two. Your phone (I have an Android) will then prompt you if it's ok for the Ride Command to control the phone. This gives you control of the phone through the screen on the bike. Texts come across screen, calls are controlled through the screen, and if you use navigation on your phone, it'll lower the volume and talk over the bike speakers, provided you've toggled "navigation over blue tooth" in your navigation settings on your phone. The system works perfectly, you just have to set it up right.

·
Registered
236 Posts
You pair the Packtalk with the Ride Command in cell slot one, and you pair your phone with the Ride Command in slot two. Your phone (I have an Android) will then prompt you if it's ok for the Ride Command to control the phone. This gives you control of the phone through the screen on the bike. Texts come across screen, calls are controlled through the screen, and if you use navigation on your phone, it'll lower the volume and talk over the bike speakers, provided you've toggled "navigation over blue tooth" in your navigation settings on your phone. The system works perfectly, you just have to set it up right.
What’s a cell slot? iPhone doesn’t have cell slots

1 - 7 of 7 Posts