Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Carbon or championship!

957 3
Hey, looking at getting an ftr, im torn between the carbon or champioship model. Anyone have experiences of both, i wonder what the rim size difference is like or the ohlins suspension set up is much better? Thanks.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,799 Posts
Depends on what you want to do with it. If you plan on bombing down gravel roads and really want the flat track look. get the Champ. If all street. Get the carbon.

And yes the ohlins is much better for street riding than the higher travel sacks that comes in the champ.

I’ve had both suspensions, and both wheel setups. Although the suspension makes a bigger difference than the wheel size change imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Indian Chief Vintage
177 Posts
Depends on what you want to do with it. If you plan on bombing down gravel roads and really want the flat track look. get the Champ. If all street. Get the carbon.

And yes the ohlins is much better for street riding than the higher travel sacks that comes in the champ.

I’ve had both suspensions, and both wheel setups. Although the suspension makes a bigger difference than the wheel size change imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree with this response which is why I choose the Carbon. All street was what I wanted. Its a street monster straight off the showroom floor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts