Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a busy summer thanks to your support. We appreciate this very much. It means taking care of 5 pay checks in a very rural part of Tennessee. Now that the riding season is slowing down, we are already starting on sewing inventory for the next season so we can ship every item within 24 hours of the order.

But I also had some time to get nuts with some alligator embossed leather colors. And from today until Thanksgiving Day we offer a free matching key fob with any alligator embossed heat shield order.

Here is the link to order: Indian heat shields

·
Registered
10 Posts
It has been a busy summer thanks to your support. We appreciate this very much. It means taking care of 5 pay checks in a very rural part of Tennessee. Now that the riding season is slowing down, we are already starting on sewing inventory for the next season so we can ship every item within 24 hours of the order.

But I also had some time to get nuts with some alligator embossed leather colors. And from today until Thanksgiving Day we offer a free matching key fob with any alligator embossed heat shield order.

Here is the link to order: Indian heat shields

I installed the crotch cooler on my 2015 Roadmaster this summer and now the rear head is cooked. Indian is blaming this on the cooler. I am in for a repair bill of approx. $3,500.00 (Cad) Supprised to see them advertise on this site.

·
Rider
724 Posts
I installed the crotch cooler on my 2015 Roadmaster this summer and now the rear head is cooked. Indian is blaming this on the cooler. I am in for a repair bill of approx. $3,500.00 (Cad) Supprised to see them advertise on this site.
I call BS

·
Senior member / bronze
1,606 Posts
Well with my recent dealings with Indian, The word Aftermarket is taboo.
That is there out on Any warranty or help from Indian.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Rear cylinder? They cover the front 2. As a matter of fact even then they are not covered completely. Seems airflow still pretty good. And if that’s Indians stance on it. They need to have their own crotch coolers designed for the bikes. I would be pissed! My dealer sells the Mr Itch

·
Silver member
4,628 Posts
I would love to see the dealer estimate stating this. I am curious how they wrote this up.

I run with the crotch cooler here in Tucson AZ....a hell of a lot hotter then Canada. Plenty of days well north of 105 degrees with me running my engine hard, never a problem.

·
Senior member / bronze
1,606 Posts
This is the Captains thread, he makes a great product and don't want to see his thread get hi jacked by negative comments. I just wanted to mention Aftermarket is Indians Hot button.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I ride in South Texas where it is routinely well over 100 in the summer and never had a problem with the Cooler. If your dealer is saying this I'd ask him to prove the cooler was the cause, and I'd be going to Indian/Polaris with my complaint as well. Did he even submit the warranty claim to Indian?

Reactions: CraigB1960

·
Bronze member
1,994 Posts
Rear cylinder? They cover the front 2. As a matter of fact even then they are not covered completely. Seems airflow still pretty good. And if that’s Indians stance on it. They need to have their own crotch coolers designed for the bikes. I would be pissed! My dealer sells the Mr Itch
My dealer sells them also

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
I've had them on my 2016 Dark Horse for over 3 1/2 years without 1 single problem. You have an unrelated problem. Capt. Itch has many thousands of them installed on Indians and Harleys with not one problem. Your dealer and Polaris/Indian are trying to pull the wool over on you.

·
Senior member / bronze
1,606 Posts
All dealers sell many of the Aftermarket parts. You name it they sell it.
They sell it because there in the business to make money and know what many people want. When I bought my. 2014 Chieftain no aftermarket parts available.
They will install all of it, when the shit hits the fan with problems, the customer is stuck holding the turd.

·
Bronze member
1,994 Posts
All dealers sell many of the Aftermarket parts. You name it they sell it.
They sell it because there in the business to make money and know what many people want. When I bought my. 2014 Chieftain no aftermarket parts available.
They will install all of it, when the shit hits the fan with problems, the customer is stuck holding the turd.
Sooo... if for instance, say you get food poisoning at MD from a burger, you contact who ever supplys their meat??? or MD... just a thought . jusayun

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Why on earth would you hi-jack some vendors post on hearsay?

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Capt. Itch supplies a superior product, designed simply, and it works. When you are stopped, the cooler shields the heat from your legs. At speed the cooler flaps raise up and rest against the back of your legs. It is one of the most effective, lowest cost products out there.
Capt. Itch is not out to just make money. His integrity is beyond reproach. If you are looking for a simple solution for the heat problem on your Indian 111 engine, this is the way to go.

·
I want to go fast.
1,268 Posts
This reeks. Capt Itch has been making guys happy with his product for years. If his crotch cooler was causing engine damage it would have reared its head a long time ago, and probably with someone riding somewhere other than, oh I don't know, The Great White North. I'm sorry if this story is true about your cylinder head and your dealer trying to blame whatever happened to your RM on a piece of leather. That's like blaming your legs for being in the way of the airflow when you are riding.

I'm naturally skeptical when guy shows up having been a 100% non-contributing member for almost 5 years - posting once to complain about vibrating mirrors - who then complains about this in a thread about lever fringe (zombie thread) and here. Hang-arounds don't get to bad-mouth respected members with BS hearsay. If he'd asked for help in the tech forum or the RM forum with dealing with his dealer or Polaris he might have gotten help, but this whiny crap has to go. Jock's total of 3 posts in 5 years - all complaints, and two identical posts bashing someone else because his dealer sucks. Or he forgot to change the oil, whatever.

Reactions: gilyoyo
1 - 19 of 19 Posts