Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Neither - l don't like lever covers

Votes: 5 45.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchases some Captain Itch Fringed Lever Covers. These are great. The leather is are almost thick as his crotch cooler. Very nice. Only problem is that after installing I had trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd and finding neutral. Shifting work best when the clutch was fully pulled in - and this was no longer happening because of the lever covers. So thanks to another thread (Shifting 1st to 2nd) i was able to adjust my clutch - now works great again.

Instructions for adjusting clutch reposted for your convenience.

IMG_2109.jpg
fullsizeoutput_2ed5.jpeg

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
OK, could you have made it fit better if the braiding was on the outside so the lever would go back further?
By the way it is LEVER, not LEVEL...... just saying! :):)

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
Put on the lever covers backwards? Yuk.

Reactions: 17NDNSTL

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@RBinTEX thanks for the spell check

With respect to the lacing - your guys seem backwards to me - why would I want the lacing on my fingers ? You must wear your jeans inside out as well so you can feel the zipper. I want the smooth leather against my fingers. Even Captian Itch shows them as installed - see below.

IMG_2111.JPG
IMG_2110.JPG

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Put on the lever covers backwards? Yuk.
Well, the guy was having problems with clearance, and that would have saved a bunch!
And.... it would have give him a nice grip for the finger tips! ;)

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Yes, we use the same leather as for the heat shields, but we thin the lever part of it for exactly the reason mentioned before. So when you still have issues pulling the clutch all the way in, please let us know and we'll exchange it for a thinner pair. Since we pull the leather through a splitter by hand, it is sometimes hard to tell if it is thin enough. I apologize.

Isabel

·
Bronze member
1,994 Posts
Yes, we use the same leather as for the heat shields, but we thin the lever part of it for exactly the reason mentioned before. So when you still have issues pulling the clutch all the way in, please let us know and we'll exchange it for a thinner pair. Since we pull the leather through a splitter by hand, it is sometimes hard to tell if it is thin enough. I apologize.

Isabel
mine do just fine jusayun

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I thought lever covers looked cool until, one day, I pulled in the levers on a bike that had them installed. I did not like them at all. Unless you have lever covers that grip the lever super tight, I see an issue with them twisting when squeezing them, and possibly causing you to mis-shift, or lose your hold on the brake, or something. That would especially be a problem in stop and go traffic.

·
Bronze member
1,994 Posts
yes you will have to snug them up after riding some, thats why you dont cut the lacing off too short when first installing. i left approx 1 1/2 " to work with. ive tightend twice and i like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchases some Captain Itch Fringed Lever Covers. These are great. The leather is are almost thick as his crotch cooler. Very nice. Only problem is that after installing I had trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd and finding neutral. Shifting work best when the clutch was fully pulled in - and this was no longer happening because of the lever covers. So thanks to another thread (Shifting 1st to 2nd) i was able to adjust my clutch - now works great again.

View attachment 282321 View attachment 282313

I installed the crotch cooler on my 2015 roadmaster this summer. Now the rear head is cooked from overheating. Indian is blaming this on the cooler and refusing any help. I am in for a repair bill of approx. $ 3,500.00 ( Cad). iam very surprised to see them as a sponser on this site.

·
Bronze member
1,994 Posts
I installed the crotch cooler on my 2015 roadmaster this summer. Now the rear head is cooked from overheating. Indian is blaming this on the cooler and refusing any help. I am in for a repair bill of approx. $ 3,500.00 ( Cad). iam very surprised to see them as a sponser on this site.
I have to call BS on this one! Somebody is getting jerked, jusayun

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Your being hosed. The crotch cooler only redirects the heat and airflow. They make a fine product imo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts