Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm not sure if it has happened before or not but there is going to be an IMRG Rally here in Canada this year!

There aren't a lot of details out yet but it will be held in Kimberley, BC on July 26-28, 2018. It is being put on by by IMRG 1904 out of Edmonton and so far there are people from British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan attending.

For those that haven't been to the area before there is some great riding in the beautiful BC mountains. Kimberley is only about an hour and a half north of Eastport, ID so if you're in or near the Pacific Norhtwest give it some thought. Of course if you're further away you are welcome as well.

To register and info on the host hotel you can go to: 2018 IMRG Rally | | IMRG Chapter 1904, Edmonton, Alberta

You know we don't need an excuse to ride but this is a good one!
http://imrgedmonton.com/c1904-r2r/
Stephen

Reactions: Big A and Fidman

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi All,

I'm not sure if it has happened before or not but there is going to be an IMRG Rally here in Canada this year!

There aren't a lot of details out yet but it will be held in Kimberley, BC on July 26-28, 2018. It is being put on by by IMRG 1904 out of Edmonton and so far there are people from British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan attending.

For those that haven't been to the area before there is some great riding in the beautiful BC mountains. Kimberley is only about an hour and a half north of Eastport, ID so if you're in or near the Pacific Norhtwest give it some thought. Of course if you're further away you are welcome as well.

To register and info on the host hotel you can go to: 2018 IMRG Rally | | IMRG Chapter 1904, Edmonton, Alberta

You know we don't need an excuse to ride but this is a good one!
Stephen
Suggestion, perhaps you could repost this in early June, so, as to remind everyone of this event. I know I will probably forget and if possible would like to attend this event.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Stephen, what are motel available like. I'm just a couple hours south of the Idaho, Canada border might be a nice event to attend. Thanks Scott

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a host hotel available, bit expensive, another in town that is cheaper. Cranbrook is only 20 minutes away and has lots of hotels.

Stephen

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a reminder to sign up if you want to join us. They are in the process of arranging things so are looking for some firm numbers for attendees.

Stephen

·
Registered
438 Posts
Stephen, we are not IMRG members but would sure like to attend to ride your great roads, any chance of getting a special invite? Thanks Scott

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure if you showed up nobody would really mind. :D

I'd go ahead and register, it won't cost you anything. If they ask say I gave you a special invite as a Safety Consultant.;)

Stephen

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anybody know of anything happening in ontario this summer? Or, northern New York in the Buffalo region, or maybe Michigan in Detroit to Port Huron area.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great to see some southerners have decided to join us, more are always welcome. If you do decide to join us go to the link in the first post and register. That way you will be included for the meals, events and prizes available.

Stephen

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Gold member
6,428 Posts
There is a host hotel available, bit expensive, another in town that is cheaper. Cranbrook is only 20 minutes away and has lots of hotels.

Stephen
A true Rally member should approach any Hotel accommodations and ask for a reduction on pricing. And they should/will comply. Tons of time to arrange that,(block off some rooms) also scout out some rides and restaurants. And let the restaurants know you’re coming and on what dates. Being Canadian there is so few Rallies (it sucks) and some of the best scenery road conditions and friendliest people you’ll ever meet. Delegate some duties to help pull off such an event. If it sucks no one will come again. Maybe ask one of the hotels if you could cater in some food, that’s alway a good way to eat. Donate some Indian stuff and rally off tickets. At last a “Poker Run”...... any more ideas needed just PM me. Nothing like a 2nd annual. Means folks had fun. Meet new friends

·
Founding member
1,502 Posts
Man that's quite a ways away from Edmonton. 425 miles. But I've been up in that country as well as Montana and North Dakota and I know distance doesn't deter people from doing things. Heck I might as well come up. It's just 2,000 miles from Waco.

LOL at Stephen calling a rider from Idaho a southerner. I think that's what folks up in Inuvik call you people in Alberta.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A true Rally member should approach any Hotel accommodations and ask for a reduction on pricing. And they should/will comply. Tons of time to arrange that,(block off some rooms) also scout out some rides and restaurants. And let the restaurants know you’re coming and on what dates. Being Canadian there is so few Rallies (it sucks) and some of the best scenery road conditions and friendliest people you’ll ever meet. Delegate some duties to help pull off such an event. If it sucks no one will come again. Maybe ask one of the hotels if you could cater in some food, that’s alway a good way to eat. Donate some Indian stuff and rally off tickets. At last a “Poker Run”...... any more ideas needed just PM me. Nothing like a 2nd annual. Means folks had fun. Meet new friends
All been done, except the poker run. Thursday night meet and greet, run on Friday, show and shine/free day Saturday with a banquet, Sunday brunch/goodbyes. Thanks for the advice though.

Man that's quite a ways away from Edmonton. 425 miles. But I've been up in that country as well as Montana and North Dakota and I know distance doesn't deter people from doing things. Heck I might as well come up. It's just 2,000 miles from Waco.

LOL at Stephen calling a rider from Idaho a southerner. I think that's what folks up in Inuvik call you people in Alberta.
Just a short day ride. lol I've ridden through Waco, come on up and ride through some of this country. ;) You're more than welcome! We're all north or south of someone! lmao

Take care and ride safe no matter what you do.

Stephen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts