Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bronze member
3,947 Posts
Harley Guys said: Don't like the (locomotive)Indian fairing on the chieftains, needs to me more Street glide vibe.
Indian answers in 2019 with more street glide like styling. Harley guys say, HEY!!!!!!!! YOU COPIED THE STREET GLIDE!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Harley Guys said: Need a fixed faring Indian model like the Road glide.
Indian answers with the new Challenger. Harley guys say, HEY!!!!!!!! YOU COPIED THE ROAD GLIDE!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Rider
418 Posts
Very easy to tell the differences
1. Theres a puddle of oil under the top one.
2. The bottom one will have non-OEM tires on it within 2 years, while the top will have sticker tires for years!
3. The top one makes more trips to the shop the bottom one just makes trips.
4. The top one hasn't had any major upgrades since its debut, the bottom one is a brand new design loaded with the newest tech.
5. Fans of the top one troll other people's boards to try and justify wasting money on their brand name fandom

·
Bronze member
3,947 Posts
Very easy to tell the differences
1. Theres a puddle of oil under the top one.
2. The bottom one will have non-OEM tires on it within 2 years, while the top will have sticker tires for years!
3. The top one makes more trips to the shop the bottom one just makes trips.
4. The top one hasn't had any major upgrades since its debut, the bottom one is a brand new design loaded with the newest tech.
5. Fans of the top one troll other people's boards to try and justify wasting money on their brand name fandom

Careful now about # 3. There is the misfire problem that is becoming more wide spread with no fix in sight. A month ago we were told the fix is "days" away.

·
Bronze member
3,947 Posts
I should amend it to say "the top ones manufacture ignores all problems hoping they go away on their own, the bottom one addresses its issues"

That better?

I was just messing with ya;) But so far so good, but there is a lot of angry Challenger owners who have had bikes sitting in the shop for months

·
Registered
188 Posts
The top one has been continually building motorcycles since 1903. The bottom one is a Polaris copy of that motorcycle. Again you Polaris people make me laugh.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
The top one has been continually building motorcycles since 1903. The bottom one is a Polaris copy of that motorcycle. Again you Polaris people make me laugh.
I didn't know Matt Laidlaw had an account here...

...and with #2, the Challenger comes stock with Metzler Cruisetechs, so I doubt that there will be many people swapping them out...
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sorry Polaris isn't "Merica" enough for you! American born and bred and made. How dare that American company call themselves a motorcycle company. Too bad nobody under the age of 50 wants a Harley.

·
Rider
418 Posts
I didn't know Matt Laidlaw had an account here...

...and with #2, the Challenger comes stock with Metzler Cruisetechs, so I doubt that there will be many people swapping them out...
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I have mixed feelings on Metz tires. I have had them on 2 other bikes and while their new performance was great and they held up well they fell off very quickly and that was both 880's and 888's.

·
Bronze member
2,563 Posts
You’d think the one that’s been in business since 1903 would be leading the motorcycle world in design and engineering, not following. Now, take your keyboard and petulant trolling elsewhere. The adults are discussing motorcycles.

·
Registered
230 Posts
One is a better bike...…..

Reactions: m0b00st
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.