Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I’m in the process of adding the challenger war bonnet to my 2020 CDH. I order the light but it doesn’t come with the gasket or screws. So now I ordered that as well. It’s going to work. I’ll post a picture when I’m done.
what did you order for a gasket I cant find it anywhere

·
Registered
324 Posts
How did wiring workout for you?
worked out ok I ran it up the right side brake line instead of the left beings the abs is on the left. I cleaned the backside of the fender really good and used some gorilla tape to hold the wire in place hope it works lol. I had some Philip head screws laying around that were the right size and the worked great to bolt it into place. I made a gasket out of some then rubber and it seems to work good. the light is bright as hell almost blinding when u look into it, I almost wished it had a blue tint to it to match the bike but the cops may frown on it

·
Bronze member
1,971 Posts
So I have a 2019 cdh with unlighted headdress. Does my gasket work with the Challenger headdress? Would I have to drill my fender to add the wiring harness? Thanks for any advice.

·
Bronze member
1,766 Posts
bottom line lies... it was an excuse to cheapen the bikes and us customers raised to much hell that's why it came back... their second excuse was no room for the wiring... another lie...
I also feel that the company likes to create opportunities for the dealers to be able to sell and install items.

·
Registered
324 Posts
ok here is what I came up with. I took my challenger head dress apart so I could make a good template and here it is.
the overall length is 6 inches the front attaching hole is back 1 7/16 inch from the front. the wire hole is 2 3/4 in. from the front and the back hole is 3 7/8 from the front. now keep in mind these may be off just a little because I was trying to measure to the center of the hole. I hope this helps
head dress cut out.jpg

·
Registered
375 Posts
Checked with my dealer and the new black 2020 Warbonnet (with lighted Mohawk as they refer to it) is definitely do-able for our 2018s. Guess I'll need to plan some extra time during my next service ?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Checked with my dealer and the new black 2020 Warbonnet (with lighted Mohawk as they refer to it) is definitely do-able for our 2018s. Guess I'll need to plan some extra time during my next service
Is the dealer going to order the missing parts like the mounting hardware and gasket?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
Cannot beleive that cheap assed Indian put an unlit headdress light on my 2020 JD Springfield DH. Without taking the front headlight and nacelle off I am not even sure if the wiring harness has the leads in it. According to their website it will not fit by bike but will fir the regular SF!.

·
Rider
943 Posts

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
Great write up. Guess the first thing is to remove the headlight nacelle and see if i even have the leads that are labeled headdress in the wiring harness. Since my pricy SF DH harness doesn't have the leads to allow me to hook up the 12v accessory socket for use in the handlebar bag I'm inclined to think I do have the headdress leads either. F'in Indian...

21 - 40 of 52 Posts