Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the look of the Mother Roads Custom solo tractor seat and assume they'd be comfortable because how the spine is supported. I believe the riding position changes and beach bars seem to be common place to accommodate riding position. I believe @thumper posted a pic with this seat. I'd love to hear comments pros/cons.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I do have one and am liking it more as it gets broken in. When I first got it I thought I was going to have get rid of it as it was very stiff. I couldn't ride more than about 50 miles without my ass going numb. I've got about 1,600 miles on it now and it is starting to soften up and get more comfortable. I feel that as time goes on it will be a good seat. Just needs to be broken in like a good pair of boots.

·
Bronze member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have one and am liking it more as it gets broken in. When I first got it I thought I was going to have get rid of it as it was very stiff. I couldn't ride more than about 50 miles without my ass going numb. I've got about 1,600 miles on it now and it is starting to soften up and get more comfortable. I feel that as time goes on it will be a good seat. Just needs to be broken in like a good pair of boots.
How is the riding position? Mind if I ask your height and weight? Do you wish you had a back rest? I love the styling. What luggage rack are you using?

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
How is the riding position? Mind if I ask your height and weight? Do you wish you had a back rest? I love the styling. What luggage rack are you using?
I like the riding position. It moved me back which is what I needed. I am 6'4" and weigh 255. I've never had a back rest and don't feel the need for one. I have a Motherwell rack on it now and also have the Indian pinnacle rack for my sissy bar but will only use it for long trips so I can carry my spare gas tank and sissy bar bag.

I really like the way it looks as well. Here is a couple of pics I took today while I was out riding.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Cruiser Automotive tire Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: Thunder Horse

·
Registered
29 Posts
View attachment 79433 View attachment 79441 [/QUOTE]
I love the look of the Mother Roads Custom solo tractor seat and assume they'd be comfortable because how the spine is supported. I believe the riding position changes and beach bars seem to be common place to accommodate riding position. I believe @thumper posted a pic with this seat. I'd love to hear comments pros/cons.
I put the Mother's (with the pad) on my Scout 60 and am satisfied. It adds suspension, which I need because I am 6'1, 275. Rides well, gets lots of looks and in my opinion, it makes the bike.

Attachments

·
Bronze member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@rob1171 That is one badazz bike!! Are the brake and side blinkers smoked out? The Mother Roads Custom seat looks awesome! Did you have to extend foot pegs or do anything since you're 6'1"? By-the-way, THANK YOU for giving your physical description. It's helpful to determine what products feel like across a broader body style range! As a new salesman for Indian that helps me direct a potential buyer for a more comfortable and safer ride. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
@rob1171 That is one badazz bike!! Are the brake and side blinkers smoked out? The Mother Roads Custom seat looks awesome! Did you have to extend foot pegs or do anything since you're 6'1"? By-the-way, THANK YOU for giving your physical description. It's helpful to determine what products feel like across a broader body style range! As a new salesman for Indian that helps me direct a potential buyer for a more comfortable and safer ride. THANKS AGAIN!!!!
I am a little big for the bike (I have a 2003 Yamaha Road Warrior that is perfectly sized for my girth) but it is comfortable enough for the rides i do around the Vegas area. Put the floorboards on today and will definitely need to do something about shifter as its a tight fit for my toes to shift but it is so much better having a place to put my feet.

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
I haven't bought one for my 111 but I may if......
I have watched their video and looked an many pictures. What holds me back is that PVC covered metal plate that goes under the seat to hide the aluminum frame and cover the top of the side panels. To me, it just doesn't look right. It looks like an afterthought. I asked MRC for a pic the seat on the bike with the metal plate without the PVC cover. They wouldn't offer me one. Odd.
To me it's just odd to see vinyl under the seat. I wish they had another solution.
The Scout looks good because they don't have the cover up issue the 111 has.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts