Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gifted this antique Aladdin Thermos, and havent been able to find any info online....So now I turn to the experts. Has anyone ever seen another one like this or was this some gear heads art project? Top has Aladdin Thermalware Jar on the top but no numbers anywhere to be found. Thanks for any info!

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Aladdin lamps… Kerosene mantle lamps, that is.
I just happen to have an old Manhattan student lamp that I replaced the wick in recently and bought a bottle of Aladdin lamp oil.

A quote from Wikipedia:
“These Thermalware jars were the company's first venture into heat and cold retaining dishes and are early cousins of the products in use today. In 1919, Johnson moved these jars into a new subsidiary he called Aladdin Industries. This subsidiary offered thermalware jars and vacuum ware and successfully sold and manufactured these products from 1919-1943.”

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Looking for more about it I only found them either blank or with the black bands.
1930’s mostly.
Value around $35-45.

If the wood handle and thermal glass is intact, and you are willing to sell, I’ll offer $75 for it shipped.:love:

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
I tried searching for more of these to see if any had advertising put on them. No luck, only the plain black bands.

I think the curious thing about yours is the war bonnet image. Maybe there’s a certain time period that was used by Indian? I haven’t checked yet.
Or could it be the image a dealership used and had some of those thermoses made up that way?

Here’s a link to a blank one at a very low price on eBay.
And another with higher shipping cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts