Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn’t see this answered, but I’m going to ask my dealer today. I’d simply like to know if ride command 2.0 gets enough feature to make it worth upgrading from my 19 version, can the new system be installed in an older bike. I’ll report back later today.

·
Rider
943 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Then I thought that there will be other sensors that out bikes don't have and RC will be looking for these sensors. There will most likely be a work around like taking a Hellcat engine and putting it in something else. LOTS of work tricking the computer to think it's in a hellcat but it's not.

·
Bronze member
4,114 Posts
I didn’t see this answered, but I’m going to ask my dealer today. I’d simply like to know if ride command 2.0 gets enough feature to make it worth upgrading from my 19 version, can the new system be installed in an older bike. I’ll report back later today.

No:

2017 - 2019 are different head units from a different company. The 2020+ are made by Harmon Kardon and are apples and oranges. And Indian isn't going to push features back to older bikes just like they didn't with Ride modes and cylinder deactivation.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No:

2017 - 2019 are different head units from a different company. The 2020+ are made by Harmon Kardon and are apples and oranges. And Indian isn't going to push features back to older bikes just like they didn't with Ride modes and cylinder deactivation.
Swapping the head unit is exactly what I’m talking about.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it turns out that yes, my dealer would be able to do it. He did say the cost involved would make most people run away. He said it would be more economical to trade in on a 2020.

·
Rider
943 Posts
So it turns out that yes, my dealer would be able to do it. He did say the cost involved would make most people run away. He said it would be more economical to trade in on a 2020.
Did he give a price? Or did they say you don't want to know? Because I actually do.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did he give a price? Or did they say you don't want to know? Because I actually do.
I actually wanted to know too. He said he could work up all the parts and estimate the labor. He also said that adding ride command to machines that didn’t already have it had been done in the shop but was “very expensive.”

·
Rider
943 Posts
I actually wanted to know too. He said he could work up all the parts and estimate the labor. He also said that adding ride command to machines that didn’t already have it had been done in the shop but was “very expensive.”
I bet it was as the inner fairing would need to be changed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts