Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Rider
1,163 Posts
I only mentioned sport bikes to illustrate how relatively slow the scout engine is to rev. I’m not knocking the engine, I am a massive fan. Referring to it as fast revving is comical though. There are bikes that will hit 12k rpm before we will hit 5k on our scouts.
I think what I was trying to say is that when you wide open throttle a Bobber, there is no support from the seat like you would get on a sport bike...

on a sport bike, the seat ir curved upward and it holds you in really nice...

On a Bobber, the seat does nothing, so when the bike comes alive at 5000rpms, you really gotta hold on...

it's only 100hp and it weighs 550lbs, of course it's not going to rev like a 180hp 350lb super sport...

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think what I was trying to say is that when you wide open throttle a Bobber, there is no support from the seat like you would get on a sport bike...

on a sport bike, the seat ir curved upward and it holds you in really nice...

On a Bobber, the seat does nothing, so when the bike comes alive at 5000rpms, you really gotta hold on...

it's only 100hp and it weighs 550lbs, of course it's not going to rev like a 180hp 350lb super sport...
Scout is a hell of a lot of fun no matter how you ride it. It’s also capable in the twisties while still being fairly comfortable. It sure doesn’t feel like 550 pounds.

·
Bronze member
2,380 Posts
Sorry @litos, I know what it feels like to lack reading skills.. It's not fun.. So, to help me out with this, can you "red circle" for me the part that describes the bike that made that 138/140 power ?

Reactions: gk1

·
Rider
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'd like to see what that 1300cc big bore kit made in performance numbers. Then I'd like to see what a 1300cc BB with these cams would do. Now we might be talking some serious performance with the combination of the two.
That exactly what I was thinking!!! Add a dynojet quick shifter and that thing would be bad!

·
Rider
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So what does that put the scout at as far as stages go. Previously stage 1 one was the highest you could accomplish. Now with the big bore kit and cam’s available what is the highest stage the scouts can achieve. I don’t know what mods are need to achieve stage 2 or 3

·
Rider
1,163 Posts
Sorry @litos, I know what it feels like to lack reading skills.. It's not fun.. So, to help me out with this, can you "red circle" for me the part that describes the bike that made that 138/140 power ?
60E4CA44-7661-451D-BF90-00439D20225F.jpeg

Reactions: Indianster

·
Bronze member
2,380 Posts
Ok, @litos, thanks for the confirmation, you've proven what I've suspected..

I bow to you and superiority of your race.

·
Rider
1,163 Posts
I still wouldn't bet my next 5 paychecks that the Scout 69ci is going to make 140ftlbs with just two cams...

·
Bronze member
2,380 Posts
@litos , they're telling me I can't talk to you anymore - if I ever want to go outside to play again..

Reactions: Cameroni79

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ok, @litos, thanks for the confirmation. I need no more info, you've proven what I've suspected..

I bow to you and superiority of your race.
Come on dude! Don’t you know that 140 inch test bike is just code for “stock Indian scout?”
@litos , they're telling me I can't talk to you anymore - if I ever want to go outside to play again..
correct. You’ll lose your brain privileges.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Since this post sort of derailed - has anyone tried to reach out to them and get more Info? I’m genuinely curious about these and would love more data. If not I will try too on Friday if I have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,163 Posts
Since this post sort of derailed - has anyone tried to reach out to them and get more Info? I’m genuinely curious about these and would love more data. If not I will try too on Friday if I have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I asked the rev limiter question on their IG Page, along with some other questions from other people, but I highly doubt they're going to answer...

·
Rider
1,163 Posts
There IG looks fairly new and not to many post 😬
Yep...

I am highly skeptical of their claims, but will patiently wait for them to prove themselves..

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,315 Posts
I would wait & see if somebody actually has had them installed and had a dyno run done. If those results get posted we would all be better informed about these camshafts.

·
Rider
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yep...

I am highly skeptical of their claims, but will patiently wait for them to prove themselves..
Same her but honestly from stock Torque to there posted torque there is still a lot of meat in between. If they can even achieve half of there claimed torque from stock then I’d still be all over it lol.

·
Rider
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
So what does that put the scout at as far as stages go. Previously stage 1 one was the highest you could accomplish. Now with the big bore kit and cam’s available what is the highest stage the scouts can achieve. I don’t know what mods are need to achieve stage 2 or 3
Anybody know the answer? I’m very curious.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts