Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called to order a seat for my New Chieftain Limited.No seats in stock and no idea when they will get more.They told me just try calling every week.Plant closed and don’t know when they will reopen.

·
Registered
422 Posts
tough times. when this whole thing blew up I was waiting on mine. it was custom simply due to black stitching rather than white and took a month to get made and shipped. I was getting nervous it would make it before closing assuming they are non essential and it shipped the Wednesday before pa closed. I do love the seat. hope things get running for everyone and you get it ordered for the season fella

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tough times. when this whole thing blew up I was waiting on mine. it was custom simply due to black stitching rather than white and took a month to get made and shipped. I was getting nervous it would make it before closing assuming they are non essential and it shipped the Wednesday before pa closed. I do love the seat. hope things get running for everyone and you get it ordered for the season fella
I’m glad you got in when you did.Lets all hope this thing get better soon.If you get your in and you don’t like the stitching I will gladly give you my shipping address 😀Enjoy let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I’m glad you got in when you did.Lets all hope this thing get better soon.If you get your in and you don’t like the stitching I will gladly give you my shipping address 😀Enjoy let us know how you like it.
haha. ill keep that in mind thanks. I love it. I got the tall boy with passenger backrest. the thing is so conferable. ive done 3 300+ mile rides this year already and no back pain. leg cramps. sore butt. I'm extremely happy so far. I hope they open up and you get yours in. won't regret it

·
Rider
861 Posts
I enjoy my Ultimate Tall Boy with backrest. I ended up doing a custom order after doing their 14-day trial period on one of their standard seats. What's screwy is they are based in Florida. I live in Florida and we haven't been shut down. I know plenty of small business owners who are still working and they certainly aren't "essential". So Ultimate must have decided to close up shop, not because they were forced to.

That being said, FL is now opening back up starting today so I would think they would start back up soon.

·
Bronze member
4,158 Posts
I enjoy my Ultimate Tall Boy with backrest. I ended up doing a custom order after doing their 14-day trial period on one of their standard seats. What's screwy is they are based in Florida. I live in Florida and we haven't been shut down. I know plenty of small business owners who are still working and they certainly aren't "essential". So Ultimate must have decided to close up shop, not because they were forced to.

That being said, FL is now opening back up starting today so I would think they would start back up soon.

I think Ultimate seats are all made in Canada, yes they have a facility in FL. But I think most of the seats are made in Canada and they have a Florida warehouse for the US sales. Their website is a Canadian web domain.

·
Rider
861 Posts
I think Ultimate seats are all made in Canada, yes they have a facility in FL. But I think most of the seats are made in Canada and they have a Florida warehouse for the US sales. Their website is a Canadian web domain.
My custom order came from their Florida address, so maybe they have two shops?

·
Bronze member
4,158 Posts
My custom order came from their Florida address, so maybe they have two shops?

I remember when I ordered a seat from them about 5 years ago, they told me if it wasn't in stock in FL it would ship from their facility in Canada, but I don't know about that now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

That’s what I was trying to get the Tall Boy with backers and pad but the guy I talked to on the phone said they were out of all three reduced reach and mid,and tall boy.From what I gathered they were out of all seats for Indian models.I think they mostly manufactured in Canada too though.Im in LR,AR and they have started opening some business today and others next week.Lets just hope all of this mess is over before long for the sake of everyone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I remember when I ordered a seat from them about 5 years ago, they told me if it wasn't in stock in FL it would ship from their facility in Canada, but I don't know about that now.
That’s who I talked was Florida but I think they are mostly a retail and warehouse.I believe these are manufactured in Canada also

·
Rider
861 Posts
Warehouse and retailed in Florida and manufactured in Canada.That my understanding.
Would be interesting to see why they’d ship my order from Canada to their shop in Florida instead of drop shipping it to me. Like I said, mine was a custom order, not a stock order.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Would be interesting to see why they’d ship my order from Canada to their shop in Florida instead of drop shipping it to me. Like I said, mine was a custom order, not a stock order.
my custom def came from Florida. I remember when I received the big ol' box.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts