Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up black #748 from Arlen Ness on Saturday. Truly an Indian summer here in the Bay Area. Ness dealership is solid, my first buying experience there. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. As a long time HD rider I would say the difference is this: HD is a classic cruiser/tourer with modern features and the new Chieftain is a modern motorcycle with classic cruiser styling. We truly live in the golden age of motorcycles. The Chieftain is polished and intelligently designed. I'm going to love riding this bike over next few years. Congratulations Polaris - mission accomplished. Indian is back for good and I proudly have the 748th one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I totally agree. Great bike. Shifts smoothly without clunking and lots of smooth power. Love the finish and all the chrome. It gets lots of appreciative looks and comments also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations on purchasing a truly great bike. Keep us posted on your travels as the miles unfurl.

And if you don't know it already, you bought it from the best dealership on the planet. Kevin, Bud and Arnie are a great team and they will take care of you like family if you ever need them.

Welcome to the VOG. Hope to see you at the King's Castle one of these days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the new purchase. Post some pictures out in that beautiful California scenery if you can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<span id='js_user_name_link_Injun14_CA' class='user_profile_link_span'>Injun14 - <span id='js_user_name_link_Injun14_CA' class='user_profile_link_span'>welcome to the Royal Order of the Chieftains :) Mine is Blue (fastest color) #778. LOVE IT! Already think it is the best bike I have ever owned (previous was an XC and FLHRSI). Congrats!</span></span>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The first Indian hit the shores of Hawaii. This one is a demo unit sent from Arlen's shop in Dublin. He saved their arshes!! Would have been miserable to have a grand opening with no bike to show. The rest of the 'for sale' bikes will arrive soon we're told.
Nice bike! I couldn't find anything wrong with it. Fit and finish was excellent. Amazing chrome!!! Impressive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations! Got mine last Thursday and love it so far. Best decision I've made in years because it makes me feel like I'm 25 again. I always wanted an Indian and never thought it possible until now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
14087 said:
Congratulations! Got mine last Thursday and love it so far. Best decision I've made in years because it makes me feel like I'm 25 again. I always wanted an Indian and never thought it possible until now.
Thats it, I have to buy an Indian next spring. I'm 61 and want to feel 25 again, or even 45.

Jack

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats on the new bike from black Cheiftain 662 in Tennessee. You'll find that the Harley guys really like the bike, I get a lot of thumbs up from them whenever they see the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts