Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about the Air Intake and Stage one exhaust says they come with calibration card. Does each have its own or are they the same? Or do you need both calibration cards? I have the Air Intake just wondering if I went with a TAB Zombie slip on do I really need that card?

thanks in advance

·
Rider
832 Posts
You only need one card and it's not specific to the tune. The card has a passcode number that the mechanic will enter into Polaris' system. It's a one-time use code and the mechanic picks the stage tune to download to your bike. The intake will come with one that the dealer will flash to stage 1 which will also cover your exhaust.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
You only need one card and it's not specific to the tune. The card has a passcode number that the mechanic will enter into Polaris' system. It's a one-time use code and the mechanic picks the stage tune to download to your bike. The intake will come with one that the dealer will flash to stage 1 which will also cover your exhaust.
I had that done when the dealer installed the Stage 1 intake, A week later I installed the TAB BAM sticks with the Zombies baffles. I have since changed the baffles out to the 2.5" ones.

Reactions: boynton6spd

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had that done when the dealer installed the Stage 1 intake, A week later I installed the TAB BAM sticks with the Zombies baffles. I have since changed the baffles out to the 2.5" ones.
Does that fully remove that Jetson sound at low speed and idle Arapaho?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,074 Posts
How big of a change was it from the Zombies to the 2.5" baffles?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
How big of a change was it from the Zombies to the 2.5" baffles?
It is a big change. The Zombies are straight pipe where as the 2.5" are louvred. However, the 2.5's can be modified by removing some of the baffle wrap. The wrap on the Zombies basically keeps the sound from reverbing. Over time the 2.5' will get louder and sound better. I think the opposite will happen for the Zombie (wrap wears out more reverb.) I Like the sound of the Zombies, but my butt dyno likes the 2.5" better on low end torque. Time well I guess, I have both sets of baffles, at this time the Zombies will stay on the shelf.

Zombie ^^^

2.5" ^^^

Reactions: ReBorn and Gman1

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,074 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the pics!

Reactions: Arapaho

·
Bronze member
1,458 Posts
Arapaho, I'm ready to pull the trigger on the BAM exhaust....just having a hard time deciding on whether to go with the zombie inserts or the 2.5" wrapped baffles. I have a set of the zombies on my 2015 Chieftain and while the sound is AWESOME, I hear you about loosing some low end/mid range torque. It is THAT noticeable with the 2.5's? I would definitely take MORE torque over more power, but I don't want my bike to sound like an electric toothbrush in the process! Appreciate your honest feedback and experience here. Thnx

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I like the 2.5", as I said, feels like more low end torque. They are not silent baffles, and again, you could could cut the wrap down to them louder.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Damn Arapaho, you beat me to the punch. I responded almost identically to you on another topic asking about which baffle to buy. I agree with your finding about the low end torque. It appears that with the Zombies you have to get the rpms up a little bit before it feels like there is an even cadence to the motor. Just a slight hesitation or stutter. Once the louvered baffles were in place, and the ECM learned the tune change the new baffles are the best combination with the Indian stage 1 tune and the high flow air filter, which we both have the identical set up.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,074 Posts
Grayrat, didn't have you have the Rineharts on your bike?

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
No. I had Rinehart Extreme Duals on a 2013 CVO Road King. I liked their performance which included a Dunojet PV with a Fuel Moto tune.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,074 Posts
Gotcha, I was thinking of someone else then. thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts