Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Yamaha is my first new motorcycle purchase. My other bikes I have purchased used. Since there are so many Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki dealers, you can negotiate and not pay things like prep, freight or other charges. I'm assuming that to buy one of these Indian Scouts, we have to pay whatever they are asking. Does anyone know how much we are looking at with freight and prep and whatever other fees Indian adds? Are any of the dealers flexible with these things?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I spoke with two dealers. The one near Annapolis, paying high dollar rent beside the DC beltway, they needed dealer prep. The other in Elizabethtown PA, owning their own Butler building on what was a farm field a couple years back, low overhead, didn't even want a prep charge. What I am saying is, it's not all about "flexibility". It's about what they need to do to cover their nut.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's all over the place Jen. No fees to $1,500 plus. Anybody who hasn't bought a Scout, there is tons of info out here on dealer fees. Shop it and shop it hard. Factor what it will take to get the bike to your garage and then go for the dealer with the least fees that cost you the least to get it home. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The closest dealer to us is the E-town location. I haven't spoken with them about fees. Right now we are in the demand phase, so I'm not expecting much, but it will be winter when the bike is actually delivered, so maybe that will help.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Jen, You already seem to know what you want. Shop for a dealer. Not for the bike. All dealers will service your bike after the purchase. Good luck.

·
Early joiner
43 Posts
Hmmm... I may have a rude awakening, but in discussing price - I understood it to be just the Internet pricing all inclusive. I also ordered additional accessories and was given the option to have them install and be charged for labor, which I declined. I'd rather install myself (I can turn a wrench), besides that - I'm going to keep my thunder black naked for awhile.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I believe the shipping charges will be directly related to the distance from the factory in Spirit Lake, IA. The setup charges and other fees are directly related to the dealer themselves. I am around 90 miles from the factory, and my dealer had no fee for delivery charges. My setup fee was minimal if any. I had to pay $100 or less for paperwork.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Am sure the Dealer will get their cut out of my sale as well as others .. Would love to say they don't pad on this charge but know better, but from where I live my choice is pretty limited .. Have heard they do a decent job service wise and that could be a big factor as well down the road ..

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
I'm looking at around 13,000.00 after their ship, set-up, tax and license.
One good thing is the factory 5 year. At harley that warrantee would run you over 1200.00
It did on myRoadGlide.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, Way Down here in Australia it is 15,838.54 USD Recommended Rideaway Price includes base model, dealer delivery and government charges. Accessories excluded and 1year registration..

mine is a red one, just got he loan done today..now hurry up mid-dec (summer here,sorry)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts