Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I live in India and Indian motorcycles here are very costly after a hefty tax they become almost double of US msrp. I came across this site that sells 2018 chieftain classic for half the price, they said it is display model so when the new model came they bought it from the dealer for cheap. Is it too good to be true? What is the catch here? I have never ridden any motorcycle other than my enfield so I don't know how to proceed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Check out their addresses using google maps. Phone their telephone numbers and see what response you get - very odd numbers. Don't hand over money until you are at the bike. Check it out thoroughly and walk away if there is any doubt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out their addresses using google maps. Phone their telephone numbers and see what response you get - very odd numbers. Don't hand over money until you are at the bike. Check it out thoroughly and walk away if there is any doubt.
They have good reviews and all, also have many centers over India. I tried to contact them and they sent me pictures and videos of the bike. I will not pay upfront that too an amount like this. I am worried if the bike will be damaged in someway even though they offer 1 year replacement for any engine and transmission damages. Also, many celebrities buy from their showroom and many pics of them are posted on their site.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dealers (at least in the US) do not sell their display/demo models for 1/2 price. 15% is a more typical discount. Perhaps there is a different tax rate on used motorcycles? You should ask how they are able to offer such a good deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealers (at least in the US) do not sell their display/demo models for 1/2 price. 15% is a more typical discount. Perhaps there is a different tax rate on used motorcycles? You should ask how they are able to offer such a good deal.
I will, thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts