Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Rider
944 Posts
Indian Motorcycle Forum | Australia & New Zealand

Requires a bio filled out and it can't be generic or you won't be approved. Also, they require 5 quality posts in 30 days to keep your account if you don't do these things you will be deleted. We could also add not being able to post in marketplace. This may or may not add to the moderator's chores.

·
Administrator
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Moderators have agreed and we will be changing the rules shortly. I’m going to post an updated list right after that.

·
Administrator
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OK, folks — here it is (our first compiled list of identified [alleged] scammers). My thanks to all of you for helping to identify these people. We have also changed forum rules to 30 days/ 20 posts before you can sell here. Keep us posted on future scams/ scammers or just people who are not hewing to the new rules:

__

Here is an updated list of potential scammers. These people have been given due process and asked to respond to allegations from members — and these identified people / alleged scammers have chosen not to defend themselves. They have not met guidelines for length of membership or number of posts. I would not make a purchase from these people:

• johnpollard594
  • slimzy676
  • Pascalnicholas912
  • emmanuel56
Referrals from these people have been made to the following individuals — who are not forum members. Again, I would certainly not make a purchase from them, either:

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Having a waiting time before a member can post in the For Sale section is a good idea, but these guys are not doing that. They are sending PMs to members. Are there plans to have a waiting time or minimum post requirement before somebody can PM another member?

·
Rider
944 Posts
there must be a lower level member that has limitations. Back in the day, I was a co-sysop of a BBS and there were many settings we could play with to limit a new member.

·
Administrator
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Having a waiting time before a member can post in the For Sale section is a good idea, but these guys are not doing that. They are sending PMs to members. Are there plans to have a waiting time or minimum post requirement before somebody can PM another member?
The problem is that we don’t know when you get a PM — hence we don’t know who is violating the rules ( If they use that channel).

The best solution is to immediately report if you get a sales PM from somebody who does not meet forum standards.

·
Administrator
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
We just suspended our first identified scammer @pascalnicholas912 after he violated the new forum rules (right after we posted them, and despite several PM’s and warnings). Our thanks once again to all for your help — and sorry @Solodadof2 that you lost $$$ (plus anybody else that got ripped off).

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'd add a warning about private message replies you might get from somebody suggesting that another person off the forum has what you are looking for. I posted a 'Wanted to Buy' ad two days ago and this morning got one of these messages. It was a one line message saying that 'this other person' at 'email address' has a 'thing I posted about' he wants to sell.

This thread has resulted from forum members who have received such a message, got in touch with the other person, sent money, and received nothing. It was finding that these members had been ripped off by a scammer that means I won't be replying to the message I got, but have reported the sender to the mods.

The sender in my case has been on the forum for two months but with no posts.
I got one of those messages myself today

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for creating this thread to help look out for the legit members, appreciate this. I am new to this Forum as I just recently bought a Challenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
968 Posts
I've purchased items from this site and the other site, and sold a couple of items as well. No problems as I insisted each time that all monies were sent and received through PayPal. Small fee of course, but both sides are protected. I wouldn't send monies for a purchase to a stranger any other way. I've had no problems.

·
Administrator
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Add @jackmiller5624 to the list. First-time post he tried to get a forum member to buy a bike from a friend, and says he’s been “blocked” from the forum before. Use caution — not given the spam label as yet but next violation certainly will.

·
Administrator
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Banned today — member got scammed for $135

chrisnixonpaulrandls
james andrew
ryanzlotoff

same IP address on several of these and he / they had created three new identities just waiting until they got their 30 days in. The member who got scammed obviously did not heed the caution not to buy from anybody who refers you to a third-party, non-forum person and/or not to buy from anybody who does not meet forum criteria (member for 30 days and with at least 20 posts)

·
Administrator
15,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Add Christhomas78 — banned
plus palumboj520 — banned

interesting that one of these guys had been created by chrisnixonpaulrandals (just banned) but using a different IP address to avoid filters. They also created three or four other sleeper ”identities” just waiting in the wings — zero posts but onboard for at least a few days (and on one occasion ten days). Spam filter flagged them.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,825 Posts
Add Christhomas78 — banned
plus palumboj520 — banned

interesting that one of these guys had been created by chrisnixonpaulrandals (just banned) but using a different IP address to avoid filters. They also created three or four other sleeper ”identities” just waiting in the wings — zero posts but onboard for at least a few days (and on one occasion ten days). Spam filter flagged them.
I have the same problem. Once uncovered they don't last long. So stop throwing them my way would ya. :D

Reactions: HINK
21 - 40 of 90 Posts