Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving Wyoming before the sun come up. Louisville, Ky for a couple of days, then on to the NC coast

Attachments

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you're riding to Louisville it's gonna be hot here today and worse tomorrow with a projected high temp of 93*. Stay cool!
It was mid 90’s the better part of 890 miles today lol. I left home @ 0600 and got into Cameron, Mo 14hrs later.

Reactions: Wyobob44

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where did you find that trailer hitch? Or is that something you designed? As I am tempted to do....
the heim joint’s from Kompact Kamper With the Rivco hitch(receiver) I had to do a little revamping, (filing and grinding , made some spacers) to get it to work on the little Lumina trailer. I’ve towed this trailer almost 12k miles since last summer. I’ve used the swivel hitch for almost 5k this summer.

Attachments

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tooling down an untraveled highway in the middle of Missouri, 1100 miles from home Listening to the Best of Jackson Brown. On the best motorcycle on the road, now that’s living lol,

Attachments

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I stayed in Cameron at abridged house
If I wasn't in the middle of a kitchen demo and having had 3 of my grandkids living with the squeeze and I, I'd invite you over for a snippet of Bourbon, but I don't even want to be here most of the time!
What highway are you on in the last picture? I'm trying to imagine me there.
i spent the night in Cameron at a bros house 36 east towards Hannibal. I think it was 63 down to Columbia where the pic was taken. I got on 70 toward St Louis. I got to Louisville around 1930

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It is hot everywhere, even back home in Wyoming. Spending a few days in Louisville with this little terror and his brother. Then out to the east coast.

Attachments

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Came into Louisville in sweltering heat. Left this morning in a down pour. Steady rain for 100 miles or so. Change of plans though. Instead of going across WV and Virginia I headed south to Knoxville and in Asheville for the night. Much less moisture to the outer banks on this route lol. It’s all good😀

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Dodged all the rain, nice ride from Asheville to Greenville today. In the heat and humidity again. On to the Outer Banks in the morning.😀

Attachments

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Greenville to Nags Head, Kitty Hawk and down to the Wilmington area yesterday. Weather was fantastic, hot but fantastic. Relaxing at my son’s place for a couple of days before the trip back to Wyoming. 2600 miles out to here. About 3 1/2 weeks ago we were in Seattle!

Attachments

Reactions: Wyobob44

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
In beautiful Wilmington NC area, enjoying the awesome weather. Leaving Monday morning, back to Wyoming. A different 2 wheels but 2 wheels just the same lol.

Attachments

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Left the NC coast this AM. South Carolina, got through Atlanta unscathed. Almost to the ‘Bama border. Just enough rain to cool things down. Will be in the Dallas area tomorrow. Taking the long way back to Wyoming😀

Attachments

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Rolled into Texas yesterday. Across Alabama. Mississippi, Louisiana. Rain off and on. But a good rain, a little drizzle . Just enough to keep the temps down. Never did put any rain gear on. The minute we hit the Texas border BAM 102 deg. lol. Another hot one today as we head up to Amarillo.

Attachments

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I'm sorry you had to go through Dallas, I flew into DFW all the time while I was working and the only way I would go there on anything but an airplane is in a coma. But I hope you guys are having a good time. Watch out for the heat today!
Heat is an understatement lol. We left Marshall stopped in Dallas for about an hour and headed north to Amarillo. Called it quits for the day at Childress. 108 deg when I shut the bike down. We had planned on heading to Albuquerque up New Mexico to the 4 Corners area but it looke like it would be a rainy trip. So headed directly to Denver. Here for the night at the Kids’

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Have really enjoyed taking the trip with you. I'm kind of a 'heat baby', I'll complain and start whining at 74 degrees, but it seems warmer is the new thing so decided to try out a cooling vest during the northwest heat bubble a week or so ago. Soaked the vest, put it in the freezer for an hour, transferred to a plastic bag and took off when it was 70. Drive east for 90 minutes into the heat dome and pulled over to slip the vest on, continued the ride in 95-108 temperatures the next 3 hours or so. Vest did a much better job than I expected, was still a little damp after 3 hours. May allow me to reset my complain/whine level to 85.
Thanx, We made it home a couple of hours ago. Soaker vests up through Texas. Marshall to Childress is 400 miles. We stopped every 100 miles and soaked ourselves down.

·
Rider
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Home after 3 weeks Bike ran like a striped assed ape . 19 states, 5100 miles. Hung with the fam and friends all over the country. I had 1 chassis fault light come on for a spell. All it did was zero out the ride planner and had no tripometer for a few miles. I averaged close to 35mpg-2up pulling the trailer so roughly 150 gallons. Rode in a lot of heat, triple digits and a considerable amount of rain. Word of caution : I never take it out of sport mode Getting back on the freeway, wet pavement, 2up, pulling the trailer, power shift from 4th to 5th I started to fish tail a little so had to back the throttle off Now I know why there’s a rain mode lol. Rode on some pretty rough road at times. Especially I20 through Mississippi and Louisiana. IMO the ride on this bike is amazing, no complaints from the passenger. Another reason I’m loving this Challenger! 19 states 5100 miles in really only 10 days riding. We were holed up in Louisville Ky for 6 and Wilmington NC for 4. My 1st day, solo because the wife flew out to Ky, I did 900 miles. With her 4-600 per especially in all the heat. Stopped at the Indian dealer in Ft Collins, Co yesterday for another oil change kit. Woah! $130. Guess I’ll switch back to Amsoil.😏

Attachments

Reactions: vsteel
1 - 16 of 16 Posts