Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
The most important thing in my Garage is the Indian. I built my wife a garage behind the house to keep her out of my garage. I have a medium shed to put crap in.
I like your cute little shed, but I want my bike near me. Dude you got to get you priorities straight!

Just jerking your chain. Shed looks pretty.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
After having my bike related crap spread all over the house For the last 40 years I finally bought a really nice timber cupboard on eBay For $10. I now store my 3 riding jackets, 3 helmets, 2 pairs of boots, bike cleaning materials, spares, gloves, wet weather gear, and miscellaneous stuff right next to my Vintage. And best of all, the cupboard has a full length mirror on the front so when I pull into the garage, I can look at myself and scream "bloody good lookin' bike!!!!!"

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Bluey
I did a tour bus from Sidney to Cairns in 97, I would have love to have done it on a Indian. Except for the Kangaroos it would be great to ride around Australia.
I will have to put it on my bucket list. I also have a cabinet in the garage for the bike gear. I think I need a mirror "what a great idea".

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Don't have a garage anymore since I bought a new townhouse. So I do keep my Chieftain in a teepee (sort of) It stays in a cycle shell in summer and stores at my nephews in winter in his 35' X 48' foot man cave we built him.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
I park my Indian behind the trash dumpster when I'm in New Orleans working.
I don't have an indoor place to park at work either.

Make no mistake, they are not fair weather only machines.
Mine sees daily duty, rain or shine.

My "other car" is a 1970 VW Bus.
If you remember anything about a VW Bus, it must be how lousy the heaters are in them.
Ice on the roads....yeah, it does happen, even in New Orleans, is about the only thing that puts me in the bus.

I had a tight ass boss who was based in Atlanta.
This boss gets the idea that I was not projecting the proper image when I rode my Harley to work.
So he crawls my ass about it and basically told me that it would not be a wise career move to continue to ride my scooter to work.

About a week or so later he calls to ask if I rode my Harley to work....
"No sir, I took the bus"
He was satisfied, thinking that I was doing the mass transit thing.

I knew that if loved the image that my Harley projected, he would have passed peach pits had he seen my ole hippie bus.

He is gone and I'm still there....still riding to work everyday too.

I like your garage. There are a lot of advantages to getting your bike under a roof,

Reactions: clif02

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Never crashed while admiring myself in the mirror Blue Chief..... yet.

I think the next step is to add a sound system activated by a sensor. When the sensor picks up the fact my bike has reached the front of the mirror a soundtrack of loud, raucous women shouting, cheering, clapping, applauding and screaming will play at 120 decibels.

I am concerned though that I may be getting carried away....

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Bluey
I hope they make a helmet big enough to fit that head in! When you have a 48 inch by 48 inch picture of you on the bike in the living room that will be when you have gone too far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts