Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Looks awesome Puma!!!
Sorry about the fuse... glad you like your Air Horn System and appreciate the detailed feedback!
Thanks. The fuse is an "it happens" type of thing and if something unusual is going to happen it will usually happen to me. I'm going to take the advice from @ndncowboy and pull the side cover. I checked the wires at and around the battery when I changed the fuse and they looked good. From what I could see with the cover in place everything was good there, too, but it's just a few bolts to make sure.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Sometimes, fuses just blow.

[hungover]

·
Registered
275 Posts

[hungover]
It does happen. I've worked on cars and bikes enough in the past thirty years to have seen it a few times. My first thought was "what did I do wrong?" Then after the second fuse held for ten or more blasts it was "bad fuse." At no time did I question Buffalo's system. I can't believe how well designed this thing is. Even when you have to re-route Indian's wire from the original horn over the frame and through the space between frame and tank it ends up right at the plug on the Buffalo system. Randy has really placed everything on his system where it needs to be.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
It does happen. I've worked on cars and bikes enough in the past thirty years to have seen it a few times. My first thought was "what did I do wrong?" Then after the second fuse held for ten or more blasts it was "bad fuse." At no time did I question Buffalo's system. I can't believe how well designed this thing is. Even when you have to re-route Indian's wire from the original horn over the frame and through the space between frame and tank it ends up right at the plug on the Buffalo system. Randy has really placed everything on his system where it needs to be.
Appreciate your nice post Puma, it means a lot! :)

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts

[hungover]
Yes they do but on a new install it's best to be sure. Glad everything was okay and it was just a bad fuse. I just go by fuses don't blow for no reason first.

Reactions: Roadie

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks. The fuse is an "it happens" type of thing and if something unusual is going to happen it will usually happen to me. I'm going to take the advice from @ndncowboy and pull the side cover. I checked the wires at and around the battery when I changed the fuse and they looked good. From what I could see with the cover in place everything was good there, too, but it's just a few bolts to make sure.
Sorry it took a few days to update. All wiring checked out and the second fuse is still holding. An interesting side note: This could be my imagination but I'd swear the horn got a little louder after about thirty blasts. Here's a better pic.
DSCN2194.JPG

Reactions: Roadie
61 - 68 of 68 Posts