Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
There is a sound video on their web site tha compairs the two!
Thanks Steve. I just checked them out. The 15 definitely has a deeper pitch, but I can't tell if either one is louder. For me, that is the more important question. I prefer the looks of the shorty, but the 15 is nice enough that I would choose it over the 8 if there was a big difference in volume. I wonder if Buffalo would answer an email. The other problem is everything seems to be out of stock.

·
Rider
681 Posts
Thanks Steve. I just checked them out. The 15 definitely has a deeper pitch, but I can't tell if either one is louder. For me, that is the more important question. I prefer the looks of the shorty, but the 15 is nice enough that I would choose it over the 8 if there was a big difference in volume. I wonder if Buffalo would answer an email. The other problem is everything seems to be out of stock.
I know Randy (the owner) is at a show /rally now, but is very responsive. I think the loudness is about the same (DB) but IMO the longer on is more audioable. Think of it this way, you can hear bass notes coming from the car next to you, but not the high notes! Bass caries longer distance! I chose the longer one, I think, on the Chieftain at least, it goes with the lines of the bike! And it is LOUD!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do the 8" and 15" sound the same? Is either one louder?
The 15" is almost 2 octaves lower. I chose it because it makes your bike sound more like a semi-truck, which commands attention. I have heard the 8" mounted on a friend's RM and can say that it is also quite effective, though we have not done any side-by-side comparisons for sound levels. From what I have read both sizes are equally loud.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I know Randy (the owner) is at a show /rally now, but is very responsive.
That is a fact. I shot them a message through the website and got an email back in an hour or two from him and Kathy. They say they should have a few hundred air horns in July and should have them available in four to six weeks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That is a fact. I shot them a message through the website and got an email back in an hour or two from him and Kathy. They say they should have a few hundred air horns in July and should have them available in four to six weeks.
Good timing. I should be able to order one and install it while the boss is visiting her family in another state.:D

·
Rider
681 Posts
Good timing. I should be able to order one and install it while the boss is visiting her family in another state.:D
Ha! Some I’m not the only one who does that!!!!

Reactions: Puma

·
Silver member
4,818 Posts
Picked up my new to me '15 Vintage 1 week ago today and have since spent $$ like a drunk'n sailor on it, so the horn purchase will have to be put off for a while. But I like'm!! Especially the longer one...size matters :D plus I like the deeper tone better.

What would be cool is mount one of each on the bike. Bet that would sound wicked cool, and loud too :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I keep checking still no inventory yet lol waiting to order
Sales have been overwhelming and it's been a challenge to keep up, but we should have new stock ready this coming week.
Thanks, we do appreciate your patience and your interest!

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
After six weeks my Buffalo Air Horn stop working properly.

As suggested by the manufacturer, I pulled the back of the horn off, cleaned the thin diaphragm and the rest of the inside of the horn, then put it all back together.

It blows nice and loud like when it was new.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
203 Posts

As suggested by the manufacturer, I pulled the back of the horn off, cleaned the thin diaphragm and the rest of the inside of the horn, then put it all back together.

what was the common FOD I.e. bugs?

·
Rider
681 Posts
what was the common FOD I.e. bugs?
Bugs and I also found if the positive terminal of the horn on the batt is even Evers so slightly loose it also stops! Actually a good thing as if it were to loosen further you would have major bike issues, so it’s kind of a heads up

·
Registered
594 Posts
Bugs and I also found if the positive terminal of the horn on the batt is even Evers so slightly loose it also stops! Actually a good thing as if it were to loosen further you would have major bike issues, so it’s kind of a heads up
I've asked this question before, but am concerned about bugs. Is there a screen, or some way to keep the internals clean?

·
Rider
681 Posts
I've asked this question before, but am concerned about bugs. Is there a screen, or some way to keep the internals clean?
Randy has one in the making. Should be available in the next 10 days

Reactions: Puma

·
Registered
275 Posts

How does the back come off? Twist off, screws, pry off?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts