Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,148 Posts
Definitely wasn't a 2 hour job when I installed mine. I'd estimate just under 1 hour, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me, lol. :)

Reactions: Texas Steve

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I purchased the BuffaloBrand horn for my '18 RM Classic. Quite substantial. After reading through the directions however, decided not a DYI for me. Showed dealer the directions and said about a two hour job and will install for me next week. He was pretty impressed with the quality, just hope it sounds as good as it looks.
Hi Josh,
It should take just a little more time than it would replacing a battery... the majority of your time is used getting to the battery (but not removing it, just connecting your two new wires to it).
Please post a pic once installed, would love to see it on your Indian!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I purchased the BuffaloBrand horn for my '18 RM Classic. Quite substantial. After reading through the directions however, decided not a DYI for me. Showed dealer the directions and said about a two hour job and will install for me next week. He was pretty impressed with the quality, just hope it sounds as good as it looks.
Did mine myself in less than an hour. Hopefully they are honest with their time.

·
Rider
681 Posts
7A258E88-8FC5-493F-992D-C1AE4B0032F1.jpeg
Took me about 45 minutes! Only thing to be careful of is the ECU (above battery) wrap it in a thick towel and be sure not to touch any battery wires to it!
Horn install was easy

Reactions: Wyeastlee

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi! Just looking to see when the 8" black air horns will be back in stock, I've been watching for awhile. When you have one please let me know consider it sold!!!
Thanks hopeful buyer !

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hi! Just looking to see when the 8" black air horns will be back in stock, I've been watching for awhile. When you have one please let me know consider it sold!!!
Thanks hopeful buyer !
Hi OR,
We are assembling black Systems now, what year Indian?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Horn3.jpg
Horn3.jpg
Hi Josh,
It should take just a little more time than it would replacing a battery... the majority of your time is used getting to the battery (but not removing it, just connecting your two new wires to it).
Please post a pic once installed, would love to see it on your Indian!
Dealer ended up charging me $100 to install. Might be high, might be low, but I am happy with the install and the horn is great. Not that crazy about the black rubber at end, might remove and just adhere the front screen without it. Here are the pictures
Horn1.jpg
horn2.jpg
Horn3.jpg
Horn1.jpg

·
Rider
634 Posts
Does anyone have any information on the plug (female socket) that would mate with the existing Indian wiring harness plug(Male)
Trying to find part numbers to purchase plug for horn similar to what is found on the Seger 65B horn.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Chief Randy A BIG shout out, received the 8" black air horn last week, easy to follow instruction installed it Saturday, WOW that grabs your attention when it goes off.
Again big thanks !!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Maybe a train horn..............let 'em know I coming...................!
You don't want to be anywhere near a train horn. It'll blow out your ear drums. At 140 decibels you experience hearing loss in 1 second. A train horn is 175 decibels. A blast from a train horn causes a great amount of physical pain to your ears. I know from experience.

·
Rider
634 Posts
Big Thank you to Randy,

First horn system had different connector than my bike had, Randy had a proper connector boxed and shipped immediately. Later discovered that the horn was somehow blowing the main inline fuse and not functioning.
Again Randy had replacement unit boxed and shipped the next day. I returned my unit and waited for replacement to show up.
Cross border is slow and the whole transaction took well over a month. Customs really slows things down. No questions asked and return shipping was no issue.

Arrived today and everything works perfect.

Will recommend Buffalo Brand highly as the horn works awesome and customer support is second to none.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Big Thank you to Randy,

First horn system had different connector than my bike had, Randy had a proper connector boxed and shipped immediately. Later discovered that the horn was somehow blowing the main inline fuse and not functioning.
Again Randy had replacement unit boxed and shipped the next day. I returned my unit and waited for replacement to show up.
Cross border is slow and the whole transaction took well over a month. Customs really slows things down. No questions asked and return shipping was no issue.

Arrived today and everything works perfect.

Will recommend Buffalo Brand highly as the horn works awesome and customer support is second to none.
Really appreciate your post Dagwood! Glad everything worked out and you’re pleased with the final results. You need anything at all, just let us know. :)

41 - 60 of 97 Posts