Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Blue Ridge Parkway - Always a favorite, anytime.

Loved my ride outside of Cody WY - Dead Indian Hill, and then up Beartooth Hwy. - spectacular ride that will always remain in my memory as a special day.
I'll hopefully ride the Blue Ridge Parkway at some point. Great ride and scenery.

·
Bronze member
1,591 Posts
Here are my favorite roads from over the years:

Hwy 36 in northern California from Fortuna to Red Bluff. Lolo pass in Idaho. Chief Joseph Hwy in Wyoming. Devil's Triangle west of Knoxville, TN. Just about any road near Eureka Springs, Ark. Hwy 90 from Noel to Washburn in Missouri. The Million Dollar Skyway in Colorado.

In Canada, take Hwy 97 from Watson Lake to Toad River in BC, or the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia.

·
Bronze member
1,919 Posts
Here in Michigan..........
(1) Pierce Stocking Drive National Park near Empire
(2) Tunnel of Trees (M119) from Harbor Springs to Cross Village
(3) Pictured Roads National Shoreline (H58) from Grand Marais to Munising

And if you are good and catch a low traffic day,.......You could do all three in a single day!

Tennessee to N. Carolina........
Try "The Snake" (421) from Bristol TN to Boone NC (better than the Tail of the Dragon...IMO)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You should all ride The Million Dollar Highway in Colorado. It's incredible. Actually, any mountain road out here is great!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
1. Skaggs Springs Rd from Stewarts Point California on HWY 1 across to Cozzens Corner and back to HWY 1 should be a National Park.. Its like a paved bicycle trail thru the Red Woods.. Awesome ride but watch the hairpins = dragon not even close..
2. East edge of the Flaming Gorge before noon on a clear day so the sun is hitting the west face of the Gorge, then down to Red Canyon Utah and across the Uinta Mountains on 44 to Manila = spactular, makes Yellow Stone like a picnic ride and NO traffic backups and 2 mph motorhomes!!
3. 16 from Buffalo WY west across the Bighorns to Ten Sleep.. tenting in mountains questionable even during summer months,, ride during daylight and camp in the foothills.
4. 14 "A" out of Cody WY east across the Big Horns to Burgess, then 14 east to Dayton.
5. 50 (lonelyess hwy in America) from Ocean City to Sacramento.. Plan for a month on the road.. Watch for Elk on mountain passes west of Salina Utah.
6. 8 from Utica NY north to 28 and 28 down to Lake George.

·
Silver member
3,426 Posts
Bucket list roads are rides I haven’t done. The PCH would be nice but I have no desire to be in the state of Ca. I would like to do a fall colors trip in New England someday.

Favorite rides are many. I like the states of NM, AZ and Utah for the scenery there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would have to second The Million Dollor Highway, especially between Ouray and Silverton, Highway 141 on the West edge of Colorado is also beautiful especially from Uravan to Gateway (be sure to stop at the auto museum in Gateway). I also love Beartooth and Going to the Sun in Glacier although it was rainy when we went through Glacier so it was not as good as it could have been. Also, 128 into Moab is pretty nice.

Never rode on West coast, planning on doing this summer depending on this whole Covid-19 deal. Want to ride South along the ocean from Oregon into California, see the redwoods and then make a loop back East...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts