Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

How many states have you visited by motorcycle so far?

• 1 to 5

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • 6 to 10

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 11 to 15

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • 16 to 25

• 26 to 40

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • 48 or more!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's always been a goal of mine to visit all 48 lower states on my bike. For the past 3 years, I've been planning it. Doing the entire ride isn't for everyone, but I've created it so you can customize a part of it to ride with us. If you'd like to ride for a part of it, here are some details and a link to sign up for more information. I have ten riders right now with two of us doing the entire 40-day ride. I'd love to ride with more Indian riders.

360Bikers

·
Rider
667 Posts
Man o man...you may have just changed my summer plans. No way I could swing the whole ride with young kids at home, I’m going to try and join for a portion. That’s one helluva ride and tour list you’ve got there. Good for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man o man...you may have just changed my summer plans. No way I could swing the whole ride with young kids at home, I’m going to try and join for a portion. That’s one helluva ride and tour list you’ve got there. Good for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Three years in planning. A lot of changes. I've been drooling over the departure date for months now. Less than 2 months away for the start. I'd love to see you for any part of it.

·
Rider
816 Posts
I did the lower 48 several years ago on secondary roads as part of an endurance competition. I was so beat up, I can’t even remember the majority of it. Hoping you have a fantastic time and look forward to reading about it.

Reactions: 17NDNSTL

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the lower 48 several years ago on secondary roads as part of an endurance competition. I was so beat up, I can’t even remember the majority of it. Hoping you have a fantastic time and look forward to reading about it.
I'll try to do one better. While riding I shoot 360x360 VR video. After editing, I put them on my YouTube channel so everyone can go on the ride virtually. I'm carrying 9TB of storage with me... I hope it's enough. There's a lot of bucket list here. I won't be doing all secondary roads so I hope survival is better. 40 days in the saddle is a lot at my age, but I'm mentally prepared for it and planned very few killer days. The endurance ride must have been great, though.

·
Rider
816 Posts
I'll try to do one better. While riding I shoot 360x360 VR video. After editing, I put them on my YouTube channel so everyone can go on the ride virtually. I'm carrying 9TB of storage with me... I hope it's enough. There's a lot of bucket list here. I won't be doing all secondary roads so I hope survival is better. 40 days in the saddle is a lot at my age, but I'm mentally prepared for it and planned very few killer days. The endurance ride must have been great, though.
I’ll be checking out you vids for sure. You are allowing enough time to actually stop and smell the roses.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Even if I had the time, I doubt I have the stamina. Very envious in a good way. Good luck!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,752 Posts
Ten years ago yeah I would've done that. The aging process hasn't been kind to me.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I've done 44 on my Classic, missing Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi of the lower 48. I've ridden other bikes in those and Hawaii. I wish I could join you for this tour. Be safe and have fun!

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Damn all 48 in one ride now that’s a ride ! I’ve ridden them all much more then once but never in one trip sounds like s hell of a ride. Wish I could but I could never get 40 days off in a row. Good luck to you all who go and a safe journey

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,752 Posts
Very good museum and they raffle off a new Indian every year. This year it's an FTR 1200 S race replica.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts