Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Here's what works for me:

• Heated seat
  • Heated hand grips
  • Heated jacket liner and glove liners
  • Sage brush engine guard soft lowers
  • Two piece textile riding suit with thermal liners
  • Balaclava headgear worn under full face helmet

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
Here's what works for me:

• Heated seat
  • Heated hand grips
  • Heated jacket liner and glove liners
  • Sage brush engine guard soft lowers
  • Two piece textile riding suit with thermal liners
  • Balaclava headgear worn under full face helmet

If you gotta wear that in San Mateo, CA you must old - er, ah, cold :p:D:rolleyes:

Here is our forecast...
Screen Shot 2015-11-12 at 5.42.39 PM.png

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yep, it actually dropped down into the high 50's lately :). But come later on when it's actually Winter it can get down to the 30 to 40 degree range :confused:. Any colder than that I ain't riding anyways. :D

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
So it’s cold here in Minnesota!! But I am not ready to stop riding!!! Have put together some tips for how to enjoy the chilly weather. Would love to hear yours!

The Secret to Enjoying Cold Weather Rides
Central Wisconsin isn't too far behind you guys. The wind is howling like crazy out the window and I guess we are supposed to have a chance for flurries sometime Friday.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Agree with keeping your neck warm. I got a tubular thingy that Indian sent in the mail. I wear around my neck to keep me warm in the winter and keep the sun off in the summer. Now I'm still working on my legs.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I plugged in my Gerbings jacket and gloves last week and took one last ride in cold but dry weather (about 38 degrees F) but put the Vintage into storage mode two days ago. There's snow on Whistler mountain and the village is getting wet and slushy. Time to winterize the bike and the skis! Back in the saddle in April or May. :(

·
Registered
510 Posts
39 degrees when I pulled out of my driveway this morning for work.
I hate the cold but this bike allows me to keep on rolling.
Heated seats and grips are SO NICE!

My gear...
Leather jacket
Leather chaps
Thinsulate gloves
Full-face helmet.

I'm good.
(and I HATE the cold and winter)

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
37 degrees on the way to work this morning. Brisk and nice!

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,819 Posts
It was 38º when I hit the road to go to a funeral in Oklahoma with the Legion Riders. Well riders with what few road and didn't go in a cage.:D Was great coming home in the low 60's I'd guess. My temp gauge on the Harley showed a tad below 60º but it's not known for being accurate. Got home just before dark. Had me worried cause I can't see well at night but made in with time to drink a beer before it finally set.

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
178 Posts
Temps are in the 50's here in the Pacific NorthWet. It has rained more than 4" in the last few days so the Chief is sitting warm & dry in the garage. For those who want to brave the Pacific storm fronts on a motorcycle,a wet suit would be appropriate.I am warm & dry in the 4Runner with the wipers on High.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts