Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2015 Indian Scout about a week ago, and I absolutely love it. It's my first bike, so a priority was getting some highway bars on it to hopefully save me from some potential damage. I learned a very important lesson about not cheaping out and buying chinese parts. I bought some COPART bars from Amazon, and the install was going really well, until the top mounting screw cracked in half, under a surprisingly small about of torque. The screw broke off about half way, and is pretty much flush with the frame of the bike, so I'm definitely going to have to get it extracted.

Does anyone have any idea how much this is going to cost me? With the position of the screw, am I looking at a few hours of labor removing parts, or will it just be a simple extraction with a drill extension?

Thanks for reading. Also, please, berate me. I deserve it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not hard to do it yourself. All you need is a drill and bit and an easy out extractor.
If you don't have them Auto Zone rents tools.
Thanks for the reply, I've never been mechanically inclined (hopefully owning a bike will change that), I was just curious if having to reach through the opposite side of the bike would present any issues with extracting.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I've never been mechanically inclined (hopefully owning a bike will change that), I was just curious if having to reach through the opposite side of the bike would present any issues with extracting.
Build your confidence. Get the SERVICE MANUAL for your bike and tackle the routine maintenance yourself. It will go a long way.

·
Bronze member
3,574 Posts
If you wanna get mechanically inclined,then you have the wrong bike.The bike you want is that Henry Donaldson ,Harry Dickenson,or somethin like that, cause those are the machines that things are always breaking on or falling off of!! lol lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts