Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ceejay has a 2009 Chief but does not know where to get a “certificate of conformity.” Can anybody help?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's a good question and it never occurred to me I didn't get one with my Indian but I do have one for each of my other bikes.
For you USA folks it's a declaration by the bike manufacturer that the vehicle conforms to legislation in the EU and/or UK. Lights, exhaust emissions etc. It's often just a page in the user manual listing the various appropriate regulations and signed by a representative of the manufacturer.

If the bike is UK specification then Indian UK should be able to supply one - I think it's a legal requirement.

If it's an imported bike then you'll need to speak to DVLA and jump through some hoops and do a few minor mods to make it conform then have it checked over and signed off as OK and legal.

I'm gonna wind up my dealer next time I'm there, I should have one too.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,806 Posts
Certification of Conformity letters are given out by the manufacturers. They would have to deal with Indian or maybe the local dealer in the UK could help on their behalf. Dean

·
Registered
402 Posts
Blimey. Certificate of conformiality!!!!! . That's PC, GONE MAD spent my life trying not to have one of them

But seriously do we need one if you bought your bike in UK from a dealer?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

·
German Rider
1,784 Posts
CoC is a paper sheet, which states all the important data of a vehicle. With this paper, you can buy a car, bike, etc for example in Spain, Germany and bring to any other country in the EU and get it registered (like the title in the US or the Fahrzeugbrief in germany).

But it seems, that such a CoC will only exist for vehicles, which has been officially imported and sold through the manufactor and/or their licensed dealership.

I assume, in 2009 or better said a 2009 Indian Chief is not sold buy Indian officially in the UK at this time, so there will be no such document.

Only way to get an accurate data sheet would be the factory, maybe with help from an Indian dealership or from someone who has an already registered motorcycle like that.

Cu,
Sven

·
Rider
1,399 Posts
I sent him some of the information below 10 days ago but never received any response? Maybe his computer's packed up or he's got what he needs? Google is everybody's friend. Easy answer if he's British and a resident he can get one here but he needs the registration papers:

Or here if the bike is UK registered and he wants to ship elsewhere:

Information from the DVLA here:

Reactions: Usafle
1 - 6 of 6 Posts