Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for assistance in locating a copy of the wiring diagrams for 18' Scout Bobber w/ABS. I have already researched the Indian 2018/2019 Scout/Scout Sixty/Bobber service manual for the needed information. The Indian manual has a chapter regarding Electrical (CH10) and is where Breakout Wiring Diagrams are found (CH10.70). The service manual only has 2018 Breakout Wiring Diagrams for the Scout. However, as many in the Indian online community can attest the wiring is different in many ways when discussing the Bobber compared to Scout/Sixty. I don't dare to assume that the wiring diagrams are the same, as by "default" because it says, Scout.

Also, the bike schematics located at the back of the service manual has complete Chassis Wiring Diagrams but are separated for Scout, Scout w/ABS, Bobber, Bobber w/ABS (2018). A big issue is that these Chassis Wiring Diagrams are impossible to read. The lettering and numbering are all to small and blotch together. The main complaint is in trying to distinguish the label values of connectors, i.e. pin locations "A1, A2...."

This is why these Breakout Wiring Diagrams are so important. It is a blown-up version that specifically details an electrical subsystem.
The manual offers 3 detailed diagrams for the Scout 2018 only.
1) STARTER CIRCUIT DIAGRAM
2) IGNITION SYSTEM WIRING DIAGRAM
3) THROTTLE CONTROL WIRING DIAGRAM

I'm asking for the Indian community's assistance in locating and obtaining the 3 Breakout Wiring Diagrams for the 18' Scout Bobber w/ABS.
If anyone can direct me to an Indian authority or point of contact that may have additional information I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you to everyone in advance for your time.
Ride Safe.

·
Rider
736 Posts
This is Golden !
I"ve been looking for something like this for awhile.
Now I can use whats left of my brain cells for other pursuits.

Thanks for posting it !

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is Golden !
I"ve been looking for something like this for awhile.
Now I can use whats left of my brain cells for other pursuits.

Thanks for posting it !
Glad it may have some use for you. However, beware that if you purchased an Indian bike outside of the states that the wiring may be different. I have noticed many differences when reading the wiring schematics usually labeled "INTL". Didn't see any on this diagram, just beware if it pertains to you. Best of luck.
Ride Safe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts