Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This heat shield is made of three plies for leather. The middle layer is buffed Bridle leather, and has a ply of split leather (Suede) on the bottom, so nothing can scratch your motorcycle. On top is southwestern style leather which goes really nice with the distressed desert tan leather of your seat. All layers are glued together with industrial cement and double stitched around the edges.

What do you think? You like it?

Isabel

·
Registered
378 Posts
This heat shield is made of three plies for leather. The middle layer is buffed Bridle leather, and has a ply of split leather (Suede) on the bottom, so nothing can scratch your motorcycle. On top is southwestern style leather which goes really nice with the distressed desert tan leather of your seat. All layers are glued together with industrial cement and double stitched around the edges.

Isabel

Does it come in black ? Price .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you can have it stitched onto black leather and have the choice of black or white stitching, as well as to add studs.
Price without studs in black is $149, with tan leather $169. And if you want studs, just add $10.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Yes, you can have it stitched onto black leather and have the choice of black or white stitching, as well as to add studs.
Price without studs in black is $149, with tan leather $169. And if you want studs, just add $10.
Pics of the Black ?

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
It's nice--but I just bought one 2 months ago. Maybe in a year or so. If I were in the market, I'd pick this one.

·
Bronze member
2,391 Posts

Isabel
Nice Isobel. What I'd really would like to see though is some suede on the two edges of the cooler that actually come up under the tank. That's the only place on my bikes where the cooler comes even close to being near a painted surface. Oh yeah, and studs…gotta have studs.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks I'll be back next year.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All of our heat shields have suede on the underside of the heat shield, facing the bike for exactly that reason.
Got you covered!...:)

·
Bronze member
1,194 Posts
nice work

·
Bronze member
1,313 Posts
I have to say, that's a good looking product. I'd consider it strongly if I weren't so cold natured as to rely on the engine heat to keep me at temperature.

·
Bronze member
2,391 Posts
All of our heat shields have suede on the underside of the heat shield, facing the bike for exactly that reason.
Got you covered!...:)
Sorry - I put that badly. Suede on the edge. It would actually have to come around the back to the front just enough so the edge at the top of the cooler that is closest to the gas tank is covered (and only on that edge). I guess extending the length of the suede just enough to fold over on that edge would do it. Feel free to tell me it's a dumb idea. I love my coolers anyway.:)

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
@Captain Itch we're still looking for a pic of the Black one

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts