Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Brand new 2023 spirit blue smoke S60

1072 Views 26 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  08fordgt
Here she is guys. I finally got the bike I wanted. I wanted a full S69 but I fell in love with this color from the brochure so I went with the S60. I liked the blacked out heads and if I need more power I can always do the BBK and cams and tune. That won't be an issues fort me since I've been working on cars for over 20 years and aircraft for over 14. I actually picked her up on Jan 4th 2023. After I went to the dealership in December wanting to order one to arrive before my 40th birthday in March they called me the next day and told me they would have one delivered possibly before the end of the year or the first week of the new year. They called me on the 3rd and said it arrived but they wouldn't have time to get it ready before I had to go to work at 2:30pm. So I told them I'd see them the next morning. I got there at 9am and they brought it out and we did the paperwork, ordered all the accessories I wanted, and I was out of there by 11. I ordered the USB mod, heated grips, piggyback shocks, comfort+ seat (which I decided after the first two days wasn't needed and changed it to the Pathfinder LED headlight, jacket, canvas backpack, and canvas dufflebag. My father in law also ordered me the Indian modular helmet with the graphics which arrived the same day I got the bike home. Jim and the whole team at Dave Mungenast Motorsports in STL are awesome. It was 42* and I had to ride it on the highway for 35 mins all the way back to my house in Illinois. It was a cold ride but I stuck it out behind the wife the whole way since I didn't have GPS and I don't go to STL too often.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,915 Posts
Love the color.(y) I had a matte/denim finish on mine but recently changed it to a solvent based clearcoat finish. I would never have it again personally. Look after it carefully, white vinegar or ammonia-free glass cleaner I found the best way to go for cleaning.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All of my accessories arrived on Jan 10th minutes the USB since it's backordered. I also got a full nacelle setup from the S69 I installed. I didn't make a video but I took pics. I did do a video for the LED Pathfinder headlight. I just need to edit it and post it to my YouTube channel. I want happy with the color of the jacket since the website shows a bright red and the actual color is the traditional Indian red which is more of a reddish brown so I took it back to swap it for a different style. Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Tire Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Hand Gesture Gas Thumb Metal
Handwriting Black Font Walking shoe Material property
Sleeve Magenta Event Pattern Fashion design
Sleeve Sportswear Red Font Leather jacket
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love the color.(y) I had a matte/denim finish on mine but recently changed it to a solvent based clearcoat finish. I would never have it again personally. Look after it carefully, white vinegar or ammonia-free glass cleaner I found the best way to go for cleaning.
I will be ppfing (paint protection film for those not affiliated) the whole tank and fenders myself with matte Avery film since I'm a certified installer. So it'll be well taken care of. Thanks for the heads up though bc I haven't had anything matte before and was curious about the cleaning processes.

· Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,915 Posts
I hadn't seen that color before you posted and it really is quite stunning. There is a thread somewhere about the application of a protector for matte/denim finishes, seems quite effective. I had an inadvertent fuel spillage on my tank due to a split fuel cap filler seal. The work involved afterwards to get the staining out without using any elbow grease was long and irksome.

Reactions: Charlie Chaplain

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah when they said they had it I had to go see it in person. There was only one bike on cycle trader that had only one pic that was very small and also far away. There was also only one bike on the motorcycle version of Autotrader that had really good pics. I was on the fence for a long time about buying a gloss black S69 and painting it or getting the S60 in Spirit blue smoke until the day I saw it in person and I had to take it home with me.

· Premium Member
2022 Indian Scout Rogue Sixty
17 Posts
Here she is guys. I finally got the bike I wanted. I wanted a full S69 but I fell in love with this color from the brochure so I went with the S60. I liked the blacked out heads and if I need more power I can always do the BBK and cams and tune. That won't be an issues fort me since I've been working on cars for over 20 years and aircraft for over 14. I actually picked her up on Jan 4th 2023. After I went to the dealership in December wanting to order one to arrive before my 40th birthday in March they called me the next day and told me they would have one delivered possibly before the end of the year or the first week of the new year. They called me on the 3rd and said it arrived but they wouldn't have time to get it ready before I had to go to work at 2:30pm. So I told them I'd see them the next morning. I got there at 9am and they brought it out and we did the paperwork, ordered all the accessories I wanted, and I was out of there by 11. I ordered the USB mod, heated grips, piggyback shocks, comfort+ seat (which I decided after the first two days wasn't needed and changed it to the Pathfinder LED headlight, jacket, canvas backpack, and canvas dufflebag. My father in law also ordered me the Indian modular helmet with the graphics which arrived the same day I got the bike home. Jim and the whole team at Dave Mungenast Motorsports in STL are awesome. It was 42* and I had to ride it on the highway for 35 mins all the way back to my house in Illinois. It was a cold ride but I stuck it out behind the wife the whole way since I didn't have GPS and I don't go to STL too often. View attachment 724909
Yeah She's pretty. I got the Scout Rogue 60 and it's plenty power for me. Might upgrade it or get a bigger bike someday though.

· Registered
432 Posts
Here she is guys. I finally got the bike I wanted. I wanted a full S69 but I fell in love with this color from the brochure so I went with the S60. I liked the blacked out heads and if I need more power I can always do the BBK and cams and tune. That won't be an issues fort me since I've been working on cars for over 20 years and aircraft for over 14. I actually picked her up on Jan 4th 2023. After I went to the dealership in December wanting to order one to arrive before my 40th birthday in March they called me the next day and told me they would have one delivered possibly before the end of the year or the first week of the new year. They called me on the 3rd and said it arrived but they wouldn't have time to get it ready before I had to go to work at 2:30pm. So I told them I'd see them the next morning. I got there at 9am and they brought it out and we did the paperwork, ordered all the accessories I wanted, and I was out of there by 11. I ordered the USB mod, heated grips, piggyback shocks, comfort+ seat (which I decided after the first two days wasn't needed and changed it to the Pathfinder LED headlight, jacket, canvas backpack, and canvas dufflebag. My father in law also ordered me the Indian modular helmet with the graphics which arrived the same day I got the bike home. Jim and the whole team at Dave Mungenast Motorsports in STL are awesome. It was 42* and I had to ride it on the highway for 35 mins all the way back to my house in Illinois. It was a cold ride but I stuck it out behind the wife the whole way since I didn't have GPS and I don't go to STL too often. View attachment 724909
Great pic... and just more proof that every color they make is just stunning on these bikes. Enjoy the ride!

(Just saw the pic with ZERO on the ODO...lol, awesome... keep that pic safe!)

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Beautiful bike 08fordgt. Welcome to the Scout family from Pittsburgh, PA!. Try Griot’s Speed Shine on you matte paint. It is all I use. (By the way - Why the heated grips in Florida?)

View attachment 724939
I'm a FL resident. I'm stationed in Illinois right outside of STL. it's cold there.
Thanks guys for the compliments.

· Registered
2018 Indian Scout
293 Posts
Very cool bike! If you want more power, just get a DJ PV3 from FuelMoto, and ask them to make you a tune. I recommend upgrading the intake and getting rid of the stock one, as the first time you change spark plugs, it’s a real pain. Get a nice low restriction exhaust to go with the intake, and the bike will really come alive!! Either slip on mufflers, or a whole performance exhaust…
Charlie

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very cool bike! If you want more power, just get a DJ PV3 from FuelMoto, and ask them to make you a tune. I recommend upgrading the intake and getting rid of the stock one, as the first time you change spark plugs, it’s a real pain. Get a nice low restriction exhaust to go with the intake, and the bike will really come alive!! Either slip on mufflers, or a whole performance exhaust…
Charlie
Yeah I've done all the research on all the parts for the bike. I have a phase plan. Looks first. And then performance. I've been having a hard time trying to decide on an exhaust. I want something shorter in length than the stock mufflers but not too loud. I'm trying to shed that extra 20 lbs on that side of the bike and the exhaust bracket. I almost ordered GP shorties but I know it'll be too loud. I like my neighbors and my hearing lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts